No signs or anything does that mean sweep won't work?. What does a sweep feel like?.

Ghost

Mother of one :)
Reaction score
I'm currently 40 weeks and three days and I'm shattered. My tummy hurts every time I bend ,I feel dragging in my lower stomach, I pee and I get up and I feel like I need another wee straight away and tonight my back is aching. I've not had any mucus (that I've noticed anyway) just had an increase in cm and feel like I'm wetting myself all the time( its a little yellow on a pad so its wee I think). I've not had any contractions I don't think , but my stomach goes all tight , just like my braxton hicks and isn't painful just uncomfy. According to my midwife on thurs he was only 3/5ths engaged , and she said her or my OB will give me a sweep on mon or tues. do you think with my lack of signs my cervix will react or do you think I can likely expect to wait ten days :(.

What does the sweep feel like?. I've only had two exams in my life, one was a smear where they found what they thought was a polyp and the other was them attempting to remove it and discovering I've just got a wrinkly cervix and it was just like a fatty lump after a bit of tugging and poking lol. Odd having three women having a good feel and investigation of your ladybits- lol guess its good preparation for labour exams. Is it gonna feel simular to my smear? It was quite uncomfy because they had to move the speculum about to get past my lump and see in my cervix.

I'm so terrified but I'm so tired of aching so much and waiting for the big event. The more I wait the more I panic about the pain.

From what I remember the sweep doesn't really hurt but then a smear doesn't bother me either. But I don't think it really helps tbh - baby will only come wwhen ready unless you are induced. I had 3 sweeps last time and I still had to be induced at 41+4!

When did you last get your urine checked? You should rule out an infection x

My sweep worked. Had him 36 hours after my second sweep at 40+6. I fugure its worth a shot. Mine was very uncomfortable but my cervix was really far back so she had to pull it forward to do the sweep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->