No sleep in 4 months, considering formula...

If you could somehow improve daytime sleep you might see him better rested at night. Have you ever thought about Babywearing to get in some daytime naps on the go? Babywearing can work great because it swaddles them to you, they can hear your heart and if you are walking they are used to that motion too.

Update - two naps today of 90 mins each! Putting him up in the cot where it's quiet seems to be doing the trick. Crossing fingers that we can keep this up and after a few days of good day sleeps we might get a longer stretch at night...
If it doesn't make a difference at night I'll try putting him in his own room in case he is being disturbed by me and OH.

Any chance the steroids may be affecting his sleep? Its just something I was going to throw out there, when I was put on steroids it made me way jittery and anxious. Even over the counter steroid allergy spray.

Glad he has been taking longer naps. We had to have a specific nap routine with DS when he was little, it was different for me and for other caregivers though, so I can't tell you what they did at 4 months I was already back at work. We used the swing a lot!

There's no way he'd take an 8oz bottle but thanks for the advice. He will only take 3-4 oz tops in one bottle, sometimes less. Just enough to get to sleep til the boobs return!

I also wonder about the steroids but he hasn't always been in them but has always slept as poorly. We thought it was the tightness in his nasal passages waking him (when not on steroids) as he would be very snuffly. When he went on the drops he improved for a while (4 hr stretch at start) but then fell back to old habits.

Update - two naps today of 90 mins each! Putting him up in the cot where it's quiet seems to be doing the trick. Crossing fingers that we can keep this up and after a few days of good day sleeps we might get a longer stretch at night...
If it doesn't make a difference at night I'll try putting him in his own room in case he is being disturbed by me and OH.

We went from co-sleeping to his crib at 4 1/2 months and it was the best thing for everyone. Majorly increases his ability to stay asleep and he woke about a million times less. We still have a good snuggle and feed when he wakes up, he just goes back in the crib. I started off slow by putting him in the crib for the first part of the night and taking him back in the bed through the night if I was unable to settle him. He was sleeping through with one dream feed until this teething madness started :wacko:

Sunday night he was up every hour, but not always wanting a feed to we bit the bullet and put him in his own room last night. He only got up once!!!!!! Please please let this be the way forward...!

I have started giving a bottle of formula before bed just the past couple of days. My OH stays up later than me so I decided he could do a feed whilst I sleep. The main reason was my eldest has a bad cold and keeps wakening so I'm really running on empty atm.
I don't feel guilty and I get more sleep although maybe I shouldn't promote that but I'm very happy with my decision

Sunday night he was up every hour, but not always wanting a feed to we bit the bullet and put him in his own room last night. He only got up once!!!!!! Please please let this be the way forward...!

This was what happened for us exactly. There is really no one right way to do anything.....just what works for your family. I never thought I would jump from cosleeping to in his own room before 6 months but it worked for us. Fingers crossed it keeps going well!

Catty you shouldn't feel guilty for doing what you need to do! You have to make things work for your family. X

We had another really good night. He had his jabs yesterday so didn't feed much before bed - still only woke twice all night though so I think we might have cracked it.

Thanks for all the advice and support ladies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->