no sleep!!!

luckyme225

Reaction score
Why is it every time I try to put my little one to sleep he wants to be awake? He is awake most of the day as well so I don't get why he wouldn't want to go to bed at night. He doesn't cry or anything he just kicks his arms and legs about and does little baby talk. He used to sleep like an angel the first two weeks but since then it seems he doesn't want to go to bed. I don't know how many more times I can listen to baby lullabies tonight without going crazy, any tips?

try swaddling. mia gets very excited and overly stimulated sometimes that she just can't fall asleep even when I know her eyes are rolling to the back of her head.
If you restrict his movement his body will realize that it can easily fall asleep.

If your baby is content then I wouldnt worry, he could just be a baby that doesnt sleep much.

Thanks ladies~

Aqua, somehow my little guy always breaks the swaddle. We even use the velcro kind but he is determined to get his little arms out. We tried to put him to bed at nine but we were not successful until midnight ugh!!

im having trouble with my baby sleeping but its mainly cos of how much wind hes got it seems to keep up for hours in the middle of the night he keeps making funny noises and kicking his legs and arms and gets frustrated i find it so hard when hes like this as i cant sleep through it cos he usually end up crying too xxx

im having trouble with my baby sleeping but its mainly cos of how much wind hes got it seems to keep up for hours in the middle of the night he keeps making funny noises and kicking his legs and arms and gets frustrated i find it so hard when hes like this as i cant sleep through it cos he usually end up crying too xxx

It's the same here- he kicks his arms and legs about and grunts like crazy. He normally doesn't cry but he can grunt loudly for an hour +

I've been having this problem too except he will fall asleep on my chest or in my arms & as soon as I put him in his moses basket he will wake up & kick grunt & cry until I pick him back up. After some reading on the net yesterday, I downloaded a 'white noise' mp3 designed to soothe babies, & put it on in our room overnight. I put him down at approx 11pm after his last bottle & after a few dummy retrievals he settled spat dummy out & he went out like a light - he didn't even whinge when he went down in the basket like he normally does. He then woke at 2.30 for a feed & went straight back down - again after a few dummy retrievals he spat it out & slept until 6.00! I left the 'noise' play overnight quietly - I think it helped me sleep too even though it is a strange noise as I feel more rested than in a long time this morning - even when I woke at 2.30! I can post the link if I am allowed to (unsure of the rules) as it is a free legal download which u can either put onto an mp3 player or burn to disk to play in a CD player:happydance:

bev the only way I can get him to fall asleep is by laying him on my chest and I fall asleep like this quite often because I'm so tired. I've heard to try white noise or womb sounds to get him to sleep, I think I will give it a try for sure :)

I'd like the link to the whitenoise, can you PM it to me? Im willing to try anything to get Noah to sleep longer!

hun, i know the hv tell u not to, but i let kira sleep on her front sometimes, but try putting him on his front for a little while until he is settled or even on his side, and roll up a towel and put it behind him and in front of him

It's the same here- he kicks his arms and legs about and grunts like crazy. He normally doesn't cry but he can grunt loudly for an hour +

im glad im not the only one sometimes i feel like its just him but obviously not lol xxx

Wow this all sounds so familiar! We were having this problem with Valerie...where she would feed her last feed at 10pm, she'd fall asleep on my chest or in my arms for an hour, and as soon as I would put her down into the bassinet she would grunt, kick, and eventually begin to cry. As soon as I'd pick her up, she would be fine and fall asleep back in my arms.

We fixed this by having more of a routine at night. Around 9:30, I start her last feeding. After one side of the breast, DH and I give her a bath and let her "wail" (as it tires her out). After the bath, she usually wants the other breast and I feed her for another 15 minutes. After burping she's out and when I lay her down in the bassinet, there is no waking her up. Ha! She usually sleeps until about 4 and then wakes up for a feeding. I would try this! The bath really tires her out and combined with the feeding, she passes out.

I also agree with whoever said to lay them on their stomaches for awhile. I do not let her sleep on her stomach at night, but I'm pretty sure I read that all babies are supposed to get some tummy time throughout the day/some at night. This helps her a lot (with trapped gas) and then as soon as I turn her over on her back and place her in her bassinet at night, she doesn't even move at all because she is passed OUT! :) I know how frustrating this can get! I don't know how many times I've fallen asleep with Valerie on my stomach and woken up later. Hope your LO gets into a routine!

I think the white noise cd worked! Noah slept from 8:40pm-3am, then I fed him and laid him down, no crying and he went to sleep, till 5am, I think it did the trick or it was because he would nogt sleep at all during the day!

It worked for us again last night - gave Jack a dream feed at 12.00 & he didnt wake until 5.00 - but he was wide awake then so we had to get up :dohh:

bev thanks so much for the link, the CD is really working well! He went to bed at 1:3op and still asleep at 3:30pm, which is great because he has been really bad with sleeping in the day time, he also had a one hour nap this AM, yay I love you Bev :hugs:

No problem - just glad it has helped you as much as it is helping me:happydance:
Jack had last bottle & slept from 12 until 4.40 last night went back down about 5.00 after his bottle & slept til 7.40 :happydance:

Noah slept from 8:40a-1:30a then till 5am, then til 6am, then feed him was asleep by 6:30a and slept till 8:30am-the best part is that Im able to just put him down and not hold him till he falls asleep!

So the cd works, does it?

If so, I will definitely have to get one.

My son, while a baby, had powernaps throughout the day and finally went to bed around midnight. He'd wake up for a feeding during the night.

It was tiring. Even until this day, he is still a nightowl and is up until 10 p.m. every night. If he goes to sleep at 8 p.m. you'd think he'd sleep through the night. Not at all. A few hours later he will wake up and be awake until 1 a.m.

bev could you PM me the link, I have a sound sleeper coming in the mail but it wont be here till Tuesday :dohh:

Swaddling helped with mine. But ultimately the thing that worked was when I begged my ped to give me permission to put him to sleep on his belly. As soon as I did that he slept like a champ. To this day he is a belly sleeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->