No sperm

ababytogether

Reaction score
Hi

Hoping someone can help or been through the same journey

My brother today has some devastating results following a sperm sample and was told no sperm present...he is beyond devastated, he's 29 and fit as anything..doesn't smoke..occasional drinker, healthy eater

When he was younger he had a descended testicle (think that's it) where it got stuck and didn't drop so had to have an op to bring it down, no complications from the op

He has so far had no further tests but is going back in January...has anyone been in this situation before...I am hoping he has a blockage...his doctor has told him he won't be a father..but I think that's so bad for them to say that when no further tests have been done as of yet...the doctor also told him that 89% of men with his results never become fathers

We are devastated by this as he would be so wonderful as a father and he is totally heartbroken :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Have no idea what to say, am trying to tell him to be positive but it is so hard

Thankyou in advance

My husband had both teaticles Un-descended at Birth, and had an operation to bring them down when he was 4. The docs said at the time (his mum has told me) that if they hadn't done it he would be infertile...
Well turns out that even though they did do it, he is still infertile.
IVF consultant said it is impossible for us to conceive naturally, and only way is ICSI.. We have just had our 1st cycle of icsi on the NHS which failed and we get another go next year.
There are still things they can do and the treatment available is unbelievable.. There's an operation they can do to get some sperm "cell" from the skin inside the testicle I think. But yeah, it happens and it's happening to us. Even though my husband does have some sperm present, hardly any (they saw 7 in one slide where there are meant to be millions..!) they managed to get some to inject 4 eggs this month..

Thankyou so much for your reply

I am so sorry you are going through this too

I am hoping that they will find some sperm. I have read there is a chance he is not producing any which is why he is devastated. But there is a glimmer of hope that they can find some and have to have assisted conception. His count was 40,000 or something so very little but no sperm...so am hoping that he is producing them and can have his own little bundle of joy.

I wish you every success in your journey xxx

Yeah my hubby's count was 40,000 and they did icsi for us last month it didn't work but we get another go. The way to look at it with IVF/ icsi is that you only need a few sperm! Not millions. Good luck to him x

Hi, thankyou, yes have tried to tell him, but because his doctor has told he isn't producing any sperm he can't think of anything positive...

My husband's was very low, but as the doctor said, they only need one sperm per egg! We had to freeze his sperm because of timing and then do ICSI so you loose even more with the freezing / defrosting process, but after a failed fresh cycle, I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant from our frozen embryo cycle. Even if they only find ONE sperm, that can be enough, just don't give up hope!!

My friends dh had no sperm and after genetic testing found hes a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene. In men with this typically the vas defferin doesnt develop so the perm cant get out. They did ivf through toronto and are cyrrently pregnant. It involves an extra procedure for him because they go into the testicle and remove the sperm. Can only be done in each testicle once. But is definately a possibility. Not sure if this would be the same for the issue you guys have mentioned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->