No ultrasound today

Pne1985

Reaction score
Ladies I had my first appointment today but they didn’t do an ultrasound. I’m so bummed. I have to wait another 2 weeks until I have my appointment with the doctor! This one was just to go over paperwork and history and got my paper to get my labs drawn. By the time I get an ultrasound, I will be over 10 weeks. I have to reschedule because of the time of the day it is so maybe they can get me in next week! I just want a true confirmation of this pregnancy besides a pregnancy test! Haha

Pne, that's so annoying! I would have been so bummed too. At least when you see that little baby though it'll truly look like a baby, with little arms and legs moving about. How sweet that will be!

with my first pregnancy i had my first US at 6 weeks but at 8 weeks for the rest-I'm like why?? My first appt is next week at 6 weeks just for bloodwork, too; i'm hoping I can schedule my first US at like 7 weeks or really early 8 weeks so I can tell my parents that week that we're expecting! I hope the timing works out.

I haven't had an ultrasound yet either. They wouldn't see me at my midwife until 10 weeks which was this week, now got referred for my dating scan and NT ultrasound I just booked for when id be 12w1d. Disappointed I couldn't get in earlier but its pretty standard where I'm from unless its high risk or something that would justify an early scan. Hoping to see my baby on the scan April 13th so I can finally tell everyone.

Is that your midwife visit because when I was 8 weeks (10 weeks now) my midwife came over and pretty much did what you described. My ultrasound isn't until the 26th of April when I'll be 13 weeks. It's a pain but the closet I get to the day of seeing my little one the happier I am.

Pne, that's so annoying! I would have been so bummed too. At least when you see that little baby though it'll truly look like a baby, with little arms and legs moving about. How sweet that will be!
Yes that’s very true! I can’t wait!

That’s just the thing, I have been waiting for an ultrasound to make sure this babe is nice and cozy before we really tell anyone. We haven’t told our children yet because I just don’t want to have to explain differently if something were to happen! Not that it can’t anytime in the pregnancy but the chances are higher early on.

I’ll be getting bloodwork done tomorrow since I’ll be running into town anyway. So maybe my numbers will be super high and they will get me in next week instead! Haha here’s to hoping!

I also feel like my first ultrasound with our other 3 pregnancies was at 7 weeks. Because I remember with my miscarriage I had 2 blighted ovums that measured like 5 weeks and some days and they said well it could be that your dates are wrong and you’re earlier but I remember thinking that I knew I was 7 weeks.

Hi hon
Here in the UK u dont get an ultrasound scan until ure 12 to 13 weeks. My dating scan which wud of been my first scan this pregnancy is on Tuesday and I will be 13 weeks. Its such a long time to wait so I booked 2 privet scans. I had one at 7+1 and another at 9+1 is there anyway you cud do that? If they wont scan you sooner?

I went to a place called baby bond. I'm going back there at 16 weeks to find out what I'm having a boy or a girl and I think they check for adnormiltys so then I wont have to worry about the 20 week scan when it comes around.

I had my booking in appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks and all she did was basically what u just said. She went through all my medical history and gave me my maternity notes. She did my blood pressure but no scan and she didnt even attempt to hear the HB. They wont do that here until after 12 weeks.

I feel for you hon all the waiting is just not good. Really hope u get to see ure little beany on a scan real soon. :hugs:

Hi hon
Here in the UK u dont get an ultrasound scan until ure 12 to 13 weeks. My dating scan which wud of been my first scan this pregnancy is on Tuesday and I will be 13 weeks. Its such a long time to wait so I booked 2 privet scans. I had one at 7+1 and another at 9+1 is there anyway you cud do that? If they wont scan you sooner?

I went to a place called baby bond. I'm going back there at 16 weeks to find out what I'm having a boy or a girl and I think they check for adnormiltys so then I wont have to worry about the 20 week scan when it comes around.

I had my booking in appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks and all she did was basically what u just said. She went through all my medical history and gave me my maternity notes. She did my blood pressure but no scan and she didnt even attempt to hear the HB. They wont do that here until after 12 weeks.

I feel for you hon all the waiting is just not good. Really hope u get to see ure little beany on a scan real soon. :hugs:

It seems like the protocol is similar although the other obgyn in my town has more up to date machines and they do an ultrasound at your first appointment. The one I go to, they are older so they aren’t very clear but at least give you a picture. I’m not sure if anyone does private scans without a referral? I will get one at my obgyn on the 16th so it’s not that far away. And then my actual dating scan will be with perinatology at the beginning of May and that’s when and if you opt to check for abnormalities. I normally don’t do it then only because they said they basically look for that at your 20 week scan anyways. So I’ll just hold off. Our insurance isn’t very good here, high deductibles so it’s going to be a good chunk of change out of our pocket this year for this pregnancy, which is totally worth having a child. But I don’t want to spend even more for a scan if it’s not necessary. April 16th can’t come soon enough! Haha

Hi hon
Yeah I'm having the extra long scan on Tuesday to check for chromosomal abnormalities and a bloodtest which gives u a low or high risk. I'm 39 so I thought its best to do that.

I've been having some spotting so I'm a bit worried at the moment. Had no bleeding what is ever during this pregnancy then I hit 12 weeks and Bam.
I had an emergency scan on Wednesday and tbabu was fine but I'm still worried.
It's not what id call spotting spotting because it only happens here and there when I wipe and its mukas with bright red blood in it.
Had nothing since 3am this morning so that's over 12 hours.
Just hope I dont get any more now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->