No weight gain, should I be worried?

MissTeach75

Mummy to a baby girl
Reaction score
I started my pregnancy at 12 Stone and lost about 7lbs due to morning sickness at week 10 which I then put back on by week 18. I am now 28 weeks and haven't put on any weight at all, is this normal, should I have at least have put on weight from the baby, placenta and extra fluid?
I have also been suffering fom sciatica and have been on bed rest and house bound since week 18 so not very active either. I have had extra scans and baby is on track for her growth, just concerned I should have put on more weight by now. Has any one else not put on any weight?

My MFM got on me about gaining some weight at 20 weeks, but I am having twins. I've now put on about 10lbs or so. The babies have been growing fine all along though. My regular OB wasn't at all concerned about my lack of weight gain. It was only the MFM that has done research on studies that show twins have better weight gain when mom gains enough weight (she told me 30-40lbs).

Ive not gained any ether but baby has been growing fine my midwife isnt concerned so I'm not :) but I started the pregnancy slightly overweight so I was told to try keep to minimum weight gain..the way I see it..its less to lose after birth and once babys out I'll be lighter than before I fell pregnant lol x

Hiya. I lost a bit of weight through severe morning sickness and then have gained it back again like you. I have gained 1.5 lb over initial start weight which is basically nothing and my consultant was very pleased. I think unless you were underweight when you got oregnant or baby is measuring small I wouldn't worry. X

na! if baby is on track i wouldnt worry:) youll just lose more after birth! im jealous!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->