No yolk sac :(

Longl3gz

Reaction score
So I went to my first appt. I'm 8 weeks. Doc said she didn't see a yolk sac, maybe it's hidden somewhere. And there is a little bleeding. I'm so worried! She said I'm worried come see her next week. Anyone else experience this?

Could you be earlier than 8 weeks? Did she see anything else? Or just empty sac? x

I agree with pp Hun, could your dates be a little off and you be earlier than you thought? Normally by 8 weeks you would see a baby and heartbeat. Although there are always exceptions. Did the sonographer push your dates back at all?

So I went to my first appt. I'm 8 weeks. Doc said she didn't see a yolk sac, maybe it's hidden somewhere. And there is a little bleeding. I'm so worried! She said I'm worried come see her next week. Anyone else experience this?

if your truly 8weeks there should def me a sac and bean. What did the doctor say happened? My doc said for cases like that and depending on hcg level it could be a ectopic pregnancy. That's pretty serious. Def would ask doc more questions. I hope everything works out for you hunni

The baby measured 7 weeks 5 days. My first pregnacy showed a yolk sac at 6 weeks. She actually said if I wasn't concerned about a miscarriage she wouldn't even suggest I see her next week. So it sounded like she wasn't worried.

The baby measured 7 weeks 5 days. My first pregnacy showed a yolk sac at 6 weeks. She actually said if I wasn't concerned about a miscarriage she wouldn't even suggest I see her next week. So it sounded like she wasn't worried.

The baby measured 7w5d? Or the gestational sac?

If there is no yolk sac yet, I can't imagine that a baby could be seen because the baby is connected to the yolk sac and needs it during the early weeks for nourishment. Also, if you saw a baby measuring 7w5d there should be a heartbeat.

If only the gestational sac was seen then you might still be early (less than 5 1/2 weeks along).

I a little confused on this one...I would go back next week if I were you. If could just be your early

The baby measured 7w5d? Or the gestational sac?

If there is no yolk sac yet, I can't imagine that a baby could be seen because the baby is connected to the yolk sac and needs it during the early weeks for nourishment. Also, if you saw a baby measuring 7w5d there should be a heartbeat.

If only the gestational sac was seen then you might still be early (less than 5 1/2 weeks along).

The baby measured 7 w 5 s and has a heary rate of 169 bpm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 24
The baby measured 7 w 5 s and has a heary rate of 169 bpm.

That's really strange that your dr could not find the yolk sac then. It has to be there somewhere, right?! :wacko:

The yolk sac doesn't start to disappear until around 14 weeks.

My guess is that the yolk sac would have had to of been in a spot that was hidden via ultrasound. Based on everything else, it sounds like baby is healthy and doing well. I'd imagine if the yolk sac was absent, there would be other signs indicating that. If baby has a nice heartbeat, I'd think the yolk sac would just have to be in a hidden spot. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

I agree spunky84 my guess is its hiding and everything is fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->