non-alcoholic beer

amy16323

Reaction score
i looked it up on the internet and it said it was pretty safe to drink.what does everyone think.did anyone ever drink this while pregnant? not sure if its really ok or not.

I've had small sips of DH's beer, but the smell of a beer or cocktail really makes my stomach turn now. Later in my pregnancy I may have a few sips of wine or a non-alcoholic beer later on in my pregnancy, not now.

There is still alcohol in it, so I wouldn't recommend it until at least the 2nd trimester and then only occasionally.

I have had one bottle of the stuff because I was feeling left out at a family bbq, to be honest, it was a waste really! It tasted so weak and was so gassy, I had wind for hours after!!!

It's fine. There's really no measurable amount of alcohol in it. In any case, there's actually no scientific confirmation or evidence that even 1 drink *a day* will hurt a fetus but because nobody knows exactly at what level alcohol starts having teratogenic effects, it makes sense to have a "total abstinence" public health policy. I.e. better safe than sorry.

I'm enjoying Bavaria 0.0% malt beer (they also do apple versions!) which is actually nice and tastes quite like 'regular' beer unlike most. I've only done this since being in 2nd tri though, although I am sure it would be absolutely fine as there really is a virtually untraceable amount of alcohol in most of them (and none in that one), you would have to drink gallons of it for there to be any effect on you and certainly on the baby.

Its a personal decision really though - I've chosen to not have any alcohol whilst pregnant and the non-alcoholic beers, ciders and wine certainly dont count as alcoholic! But some women choose to have the odd one as the evidence of any potential harm is pretty mixed and scant. Good luck!

There is still alcohol in it, so I wouldn't recommend it until at least the 2nd trimester and then only occasionally.

Hey Seity, it actually depends on the brand- many are actually low alcohol beer (i.e. around o.5%) but there are types that are completely non-alcoholic. I don't drink normally but will occasionally have a Becks o.o% beer. I have not had any during my pregnancy because of nausea, but there are 100% non-alcoholic brands.

You just need to look at the contents.

Hey Seity, it actually depends on the brand- many are actually low alcohol beer (i.e. around o.5%) but there are types that are completely non-alcoholic. I don't drink normally but will occasionally have a Becks o.o% beer. I have not had any during my pregnancy because of nausea, but there are 100% non-alcoholic brands.

You just need to look at the contents.

Good to know. The only ones I've seen around here have .5%

I asked my midwife and she said that non alcoholic beer is fine as it is only 0.01% which when you think that a small glass of wine is 7% is nothing.

non alcoholic becks is 0.05% so you would have to drink 100 bottles to reach the 5% of an average bottle of beer (which is about 2 units) so I am sure a few will be fine!!

I really can't see that it would cause a problem.

I drink them occasionally

If they were 0.5 you would have to drink 10 in one sitting to equal a 5% bottle.

I'm enjoying Bavaria 0.0% malt beer (they also do apple versions!) which is actually nice and tastes quite like 'regular' beer unlike most.

We only discovered this a couple of weeks ago and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!

I used to drink no/low-alcohol beers before being pregnant if I was driving etc - but this is the first one which tastes like it should. I'm such a fan :wohoo:

(I bought 3 cases the last time I was in TESCO just incase it disappeared, or something :rofl:)

Ive had been drionkin that Bavaria too lately, my friends always have a beer when the football is on etc. I can only manage 1 or 2 but im satisfied with that :)

I drink the Sainsbury's 'German lager' 0.5%, it's really nice. I was quite a regular drinker before I got pregnant and enjoyed relaxing with a cold beer in my hand during the evenings. Started drinking the non alcoholic stuff to replace it, and now I hardly bother with that. The taste and smell of beer makes me feel sick and the fizzyness of the n.a. beer doesnt help either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->