Nora vs. Norah

amy_lou

Reaction score
So my husband and I CANNOT agree on how to spell baby girl's name. I strongly prefer it one way, and of course, he strongly prefers it the other. This is one of the only names we have agreed on, but I am curious to know your opinions.

So... Nora or Norah?

I chose Nora but mostly because one of my friends just named her baby girl that so I'm used to the spelling :) I like the other as well though.

Norah is our girls name :haha: so iv voted for that x

I prefer the shorter version but that's because it would look better alongside our surname. Maybe write it down a few times and ask for views / opinions.

Sometimes the different spellings have different meanings/places of origin. If you havent already it might be worth looking at that to help you decide x

I like Norah.

Main reason: I know LOADS of Nora's. But I don't know any Norah's. Seems pretty unique.

I like the more traditional spelling Nora x

Nora just seems unfinished to me, I like the 'h' on the end :)

Nora just seems unfinished to me, I like the 'h' on the end :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I have a Thora but obviously that doesn't have a 'h' at the end but Nora just doesn't look right to me. Weird huh? lol :shrug:

I love Norah. Lovely name no matter how you choose to spell it though :)

I prefer Nora, the H seems cosmetic to me and I don't feel it makes the name more or less unique. Beautiful name though

I like Norah. Seems more feminine.

I prefer Norah, but only because the only Norah I "know" is Norah Jones and she has an h on the end so that seems like the "right" way to me. But either is good!

I desperately wanted Nora so that has my vote.

Norah gives a little more flexibility for your child in later life, they can either lengthen it, or shorten it to Nora. :)

Thanks ladies! We are still undecided, but at least I have some votes on my side. lol I love it as Norah, and like some others have said Nora just seems incomplete to me. I don't dislike it as Nora, I just prefer it with the "h". My husband thinks she will have to correct the spelling a lot if we spell it as Norah. We'll see!

I had to go with norah.

Spelling it "Norah" makes me think of Norah Jones:
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr...IDQBw#q=norah+jones&biv=i|0;d|0n7bpvAohtp-KM:

whereas spelling it "Nora" makes me think of Nora Batty:
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&ei=OuEgU9TdE6S24wT68IH4DQ#q=nora+batty&biv=i|0;d|MAYrBcfnuvJnFM:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->