normal cereals and fruit squash.....

alio

Reaction score
when can i start giving these to fin rather than the baby versions?

and how do you make the cereals more appetizing to little mouths than banana cereal from cow and gate?

ta... xx

If you mean the 7 months plus cereal from Cow & Gate I know what you mean, it smelt vile. :sick:

I'm not sure how old your LO is but I tried Lewis on readybrek and weetabix about 3-4 weeks ago, he has either that or baby porridge every other day. I think after weaning is properly established it's ok, as long as they haven't got wheat allergies. I sometimes mix in mashed or roughly pureed fruits to give different tastes.

As for adult squash & juice I think the same would apply, wait until weaned (3 meals a day) as they tend to drink more than just milk then, but make sure they're very very diluted. I'm quite lucky because Lewis drinks water (famous last words) so I've no need to give him fruit drinks yet, squash or juice.

You mean like regular adult oatmeal vs the stuff in the baby box? There really is no difference as far as what's in it, just ground finer...so if you think they could handle the texture there should be no problem...as long as it's still soft and you watch the ingredients list to be sure it's not a bunch of new things at once it should be fine. Same with any other babyfood...as long as it's in a consistency they can handle it should be fine. Hayden never liked cereals much...well he loves oatmeal now...but before I would mix some fruit into his cereal and he loved that, pureed peaches, bananas, applesauce...anything like that

Adult cereals? I wouldn't give them. They have too much salt in them I'd think plus the baby cereal is fortified with iron.

Hannah enjoys it when we add pureed fruit to her cereal (a lot of time we use just oatmeal cereal and add a bit of applesauce and cinnamon which she loves)

If you are chosing a normal cereal like oats/readybrek etc just make sure you look at the salt content as some can be quite high. Weetabix does not have much salt and is great soggy for them, and is suitable six months + (due to the gluten).

Sorry yeah I wasn't thinking about that, but if you buy just the grains yourself they won't have added salt or anything...but instant stuff might. Like I buy my oatmeal at a health food store in the bulk section so I get exactly what I want and they have tons of diff grains so I didn't even think about that

Daisy has had weetabix at 6 months! Not sure about squash, we use cow and gate baby juice, or 100% fresh juice diluted with water xxxx

Jack has weetabix and loves IT!!!!! As for juice we dont give it as jack will drink plain water x

Jack has weetabix and loves IT!!!!! As for juice we dont give it as jack will drink plain water x

you crafty little devil!! fin looks at me with this silly look on his face if i try give him water!! xx

Caitlyn loooooooooves water but tbh if I'm drinking squash I let her have a little :blush:

I put frozen raspberries in Ellies heinz porridge which is a hit or mashed banana any fruit puree as well she likes. I give Ellie either baby squash or i tiny weeny bit of sugar free squash my dentist said that baby juices can be more harmful to their teeth i dont know the turth in that though. My hv also said to me that weetabix was from 7 months not sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->