Norton 360 renew or elsewhere help!

sweetlullaby

Reaction score
I am clueless with internet security stuff etc I have Norton 360 on my pc and all I know is I want to make sure it's protected for another year but it's £29.99 to renew. Would I be better to buy a different type and install it on my pc or anything like that?Or do I have to just renew at £29.99.

I want my pc to stay protected but I have no idea with this stuff lol

ETA- I think to renew the current one I have is like £59.99 still trying to work it out!
Does anyone know is it ok to buy a new disc for a year rather than renewing its cheaper to buy as a new customer than renew current one and how would that work with old one/new one?

I've never really rated Norton, but that's more a personal preference than anything else. We were with McAfee for a few years, but they started taking the mick with their renewal prices as well.

In the end we got Kaspersky 2012 from ebay for a little over a tenner - even though it was last year's version, it still regularly updates itself on the latest information from Kaspersky so no worries there. It's been pretty good to be honest - will be looking to do the same when this subscription runs out, renewals cost too much now and I'm far too tight!

If you can afford that, then I'd do it.
We use norton and I've never experienced a problem with them, it's good to be sure your computer is protected. It's a lot cheaper that what it would be if your computer got infected.

If you'd prefer to change though, I'd google for reviews on others :).

I'm not a fan of Norton, I much rather prefer Trend Micro. :thumbup:

We have a mac now but I used to like kaspersky. Norton used to seriously slow down my machine.

Husband swears by kaspersky and loathes Norton.

I have no idea about either :haha:

I never like Norton and Macafee was a pain!
I swear by AVG.
Watch out cos sometimes theses things auto renew....

There's tons of free software! We've used AVG for years.

Yes we use avg and have done with no issue and it costs nothing.. No it's not as flashy as the ones you pay for but eod it does the job! X

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Zonealarm. Both free.

I refuse to pay for security when you can get it for free.

Thanks :flower: It actually popped on my pc this morning and when I clicked through it offered me the same Norton 360 renewal for £29.99 instead of £59.99 so I went with it just. I've had no problems with the Norton for the last year so just stick to what I know lol I really wouldn't have a clue with all the free one's etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->