Not a very girly question- neighbors trash!!

Courtcourt

Reaction score
My neighbors (the ones that live behind my house, like the backs of our houses face. We share a fence line) they have 6 kids ranging from 5ish-15ish and they keep throwing their trash in my yard!

Caprisun kids drinks, steak, crawfish carcasses, ice cream cups, water bottles. Everyday it's something. The crawfish would have really hurt my dogs tummies. I'm pissed.

WWYD? Ive been tossing the trash back over the fence at night. It's not stopping. I can complain to our neighborhood association, put it in bags and hang it on our fence so their parents are sure to see it, keep just tossing it over, or leave it be and have to get dressed to check my yard every time I let my dogs out.

Talking to their parents are not an option, they are kind of scary.

I'd complain about it or at least try and talk to them about their kids' manners :haha:

In the mean time just throw it all back over xxx

In our old house our neighbours kids well teenagers used to do it every weekend half eaten Chinese, beer cans etc I threw it all back over the fence but did it in broad daylight so they knew it was me throwing it back over the fence. It soon stopped when I threw the half eaten Chinese with such force it went everywhere and the kids were out cleaning it all up. I was super pissed though that day because theyd thrown a used condom in our garden :sick:

that would seriously make me crazy. I'd have to say something, nicely if they are scary. If that's just not an option then you have no choice but to complain...what's wrong with some people :(

i would throw it back over in day light & if they say anything just tell them that its their kids rubbish & they will get the vets bills if dogs get ill!!!

and thats vile about the condom!!!! x

Is it the kids who are doing it? Or do you think the parents are doing it too?

Eww, what is wrong with some people's ideals of cleanliness and hygiene?! :nope: I'd throw it back over or I'd collect it all and dump it on their doorstep :haha: That's not on at all.

I would definitely go and talk to whoever it is that is throwing the garbage in your yard and explain how some of that stuff would make your dogs really sick if they got ahold of it. If it's just the kids, they may not realize that they could seriously harm your dogs. If that doesn't anything I would go and talk to the neighborhood association or call the cops and see if they could do anything about it.

It's definitely the kids, Ive seen them do it. I think they have a lot of cookout type things, and memorial weekend was the crawfish. Great idea about the vet bills.

I took pictures of everything BUT I drove off with my phone on top of my car- lol. So I have to start over. I put it in a bag and hung it on their side of the fence but it's still sitting there. I think thats my final warning to their parents before I do try and get brave and talk to them.

I can't make the fence bigger because that's costly and they have a stupid trampoline right next to the fence, I think thats how their things end up so far into my yard. I know kids will be kids but these are extra annoying. Once they were on the trampoline telling me my black dog was ugly. It took every mature bone in my body not to say "YOU'RE UGLY!!" Hahah. You don't mess with my dogs, geez! Oh wells, glad I am not completely crazy about tossing it back over. If I am not brave enough to talk to their parents, I guess I will have to complain.

It's upsetting because we were so proud to buy this house, now I think I know why the previous owners left and gave us such a good deal on an awesome house!

I can completely understand, a few years back some old neighbours used to throw used sanitary pads and condoms into my garden :nope: They were not approachable people so in the end I did move. x

geez what great parenting skills their mom and dad must have :wacko:

I'm a bit of a bitch on the BEST of days. Threaten my kids or my animals and you REALLY need to look out.....so for me, I would collect it all in a bag, knock on their door, and dump it on their doorstep. Find out if there are any laws or bylaws where you are that you can cite. I would also tell them flat out that if anything happens to my children or animals, THEY will be responsible for the medical bills.

This is of course assuming that you've tried to talk to them politely.

If you haven't....think about leaving the bag of garbage and a polite note if you can't approach them face-to-face. Let them know that you're concerned for the safety of your kids and animals, and that if something should happen to them as a result of ingesting garbage, the parents ARE responsible for their children's actions and will be held responsible for any bills incurred. Maybe politely suggest a garbage can and reminder to their children where trash belongs.

Or.....in pure "i'm a bitch" fashion....I would suggest starting to throw YOUR garbage over their fence. When they come to complain...let them know that you don't appreciate THEIR garbage on your side, either. ;)

Do you have a hose? Next time the are on the trampoline......spray them with eater repeatedly. and lob the trash back

Love your ideas CdnEquestrian! Especially throwing your own rubbish back over :haha:

I also really like the idea of stressing that you WILL send them your vet bills if anything should happen if your dogs ingest any of their rubbish.

OP, I don't have anything further to add, but that must drive you absolutely nuts, I feel for you and hope it will be straightforward to sort. The parents sound pretty useless.

I like the water hose idea!!

But then, I am a bitch as well!!

We've had a similar problem as well. I would recommend that you a) speak to your neghbourhood association and b) contact the local police -- I'm sure that there is a community liasion officer/neighbourhood police liasion, who might be able to approach them. On a more scary note, you could contact child protective services as it could be or indicate an underlying problem within the family itself (and anti-social behaviour outside can be a symptom of neglect or other problems within)....? We have neighbours from hell next door and their children keep throwing things over, such as toys, etc., after a year of being nice and returning; I collected into a bucket and dumped on their front door -- told them, next time -- not in the bucket, but in the rubbish. Hopefully, they will be moving soon -- they were served an eviction notice for non-payment of rent and the police had to be called numerous times as she (the mother) leaves the children home alone (we didn't call, the landlady did)........

best wishes

ps. please don't spray the children with water (understand the temptation, tho) as it could be construed as assault and YOU would get in trouble!

I would first complain to the parents and if this doesnt help I would complain to your neighbourhood association.

I would really want to spray them with the hose, too! But yes....with laws the way they are, it could be seen as assault, as mentioned. So not a good idea....although SOOOOOOOOOOOO tempting!!!!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->