Not allowed to bath

Stardust

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I don't think I have ever posted here since getting my BFP with our 4th IVF but here I am and I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Last year after getting pregnant with our 3rd IVF I lost our baby boy at 17 weeks of pregnancy. Now my Gynae/OB said with this pregnancy I am not allowed to bath or swim. :cry:

Oh I forgot so mention ... I am pregnant with TWINS!!! :happydance: But you will not believe how scared I am of this twin pregnancy. Just taking it one day at a time and hope for the best.

Anyhow, back to my original topic. Were any of you told to not bath? I thought taking a bath is one of the best ways to relax etc during pregnancy. I am not a shower type person but better safe than sorry I guess.

Keep safe and take good care of your special cargo.

SD

I've been told not to swim until14 weeks due to tendancy to miscarry and I have read that some doctors recommend not to bath if you struggle to carry full term because of the heat, but I thought that cooler baths were ok ????

Anyway, congratulations - twins wow!!!! :happydance:

Good Luck

Amy xx

Hi
Ive been told not to bath due to the bleed i had, i think its because if you have the bath too hot can affect your cervix and the bubs so its showers for me for now lol xx

First of all, so sorry for your loss :(

Congrats on your twins :happydance:

My clinic didn't say anything about not bathing, but i'm guessing your Dr has suggested this because sitting in a hot bath might be harmful to bub.

Perhaps you could ask about a lukewarm bath?

Good luck xx

Only used showers til recently, i was being overly careful but hey, having showers wasn't the end of the world. Even still, my baths at 17 weeks are cool and honestly a waste of time...

No baths :(
I have never been told this...
I was actually told to take a bath to relax...when I have nausea or feeling any of the horrid preggie symptoms...it actually helps me... but your doc said not baths for a reason...why dont you ask the doc next time and let us know why? I will like to know why just in case...
My doc also told me that if I'm going to take a bath to have some one help me when I'm going in and out of the tub....I guess just in case of a fall

sorry for your loss, congrats on the twins, and TONS of good luck to you!

and some hugs!

I am so sorry to read of you loss hun, congratulations on the twin pregnancy.

Do you have a reason why you lost your little boy hun?

The reason I ask is cos with the little girl I lost, my waters went at 28+6 due to an infection, so of course I wasnt allowed to bath or swim then due to the increased risk of infection, and in my pregnancy after Honey it was the same just as a precautionary measure.

I know how hard a pregnancy after loss is, so if you ever need to talk just send me a message :hugs:

Wow twins honey how fantastic! :) My Mums a doctor and she advised me not to have a bath, even though i've had no complications with the pregnancy it's to do with the heat of the bath and the growing development of the babies, whenever i take a bath now i feel guilty! so i just shower :) it's only for a few months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->