Not As Thick Skinned As I Used To Be??

Rozie_1985

Mummy To Joel
Reaction score
Has anyone else found that they get easily offended more so now they are pregnant than what they did before? I work for customer services so am used to having my fair share of people ranting and letting rip at me. I have found that recently i have been taking things much more personal. This is not like me at all lol, i am usually alot more thick skinned and would shrug this type of thing off.

It's not just at work, i could be having a chat with friends etc and i just find their comments rude and un-called for. Even threads on here, i know its my opinion and if people don't like it then tough (no disrespect intended to anyone just trying to get my point across lol) and i feel like i am being attacked. :dohh:
It's getting silly now as i know its not personal. I hope its just the pregnancy hormones and im not getting soft in my old age. Just had to get that off my chest! xxx

No im the same I usually shrug everything off, but little thins get to be now like David was pulling stupid faces at me today and I felt really offended by them and wanted to cry or throw something :(

yes i agree hun :thumbup: i am quite a sensitive person and take things to heart but whenever i am pregnant i am constantly thinking "well what did he/she mean by that......" and over analysing and becoming offended so eaily. i always think people are getting a dig in at me. x

Oh, I can totally relate to that, you're not alone there. I'm super sensitive not only to how I word things but also how it's worded to me, and like today, I've picked up on energies that just weren't there really. I was feeling sorry for myself cause I have a stomach ache and didn't feel I was getting any sympathy from my husband, but that wasn't the case at all, lol.. also can relate to sharing opinions on here and with others. I seriously couldn't work in customer service at this point in time, I gotta say. Think I would be a lot ruder than necessary, lol....

Oh, I can totally relate to that, you're not alone there. I'm super sensitive not only to how I word things but also how it's worded to me, and like today, I've picked up on energies that just weren't there really. I was feeling sorry for myself cause I have a stomach ache and didn't feel I was getting any sympathy from my husband, but that wasn't the case at all, lol.. also can relate to sharing opinions on here and with others.I seriously couldn't work in customer service at this point in time, I gotta say. Think I would be a lot ruder than necessary, lol....

I am glad i am not alone in feeling this way. I feel like a bit of a tart starting this thread in the first place to be honest. Like i said normally i would just get on with it!

You have no idea how close i have come lately to putting the phone down on people (of course i never would, but the urge is there). I actually find myself debating with the customer now, where normally i would roll over with "the customer is always right" frame of mind, now i'm like screw you, you don't talk to me like that! It feel quite satisfying and even enjoyable to be honest lol!

I'm exactly the same as you. Pregnancy definitely seems to make you ultra sensitive. I was at my worst during the first trimester... thankfully it does seem to have got a bit better.

I feel the same!! I'm a teacher and have burst into tears in front of two classes since being pregnant! (It bloody worried them and shut them up though! He he)

I think I have got worse in the 2nd tri, I def have become super sensitive this time round, its a total nighmare too as I say stuff that I usually wouldnt say and take things the wrong way, sometimes even when Im talking things come out all wrong lol.....Lets hope it gets better......

I feel the same!! I'm a teacher and have burst into tears in front of two classes since being pregnant! (It bloody worried them and shut them up though! He he)

Aww bless you that must have been awful! I have lost it a few times tears wise but its normally at stupid things like TV adverts :wacko: ! I am glad it at least shut your class up :hugs:xxx

yea i get slightly over worked up over little things. I kind of have always been like that though get anxous over stupid little things

i basically told someone to bring their own bloody phone charger into work (not in those words, i was a bit more courteous) not knowing who this person complaining at me for his phone running out of battery and he's lost his charger and the spare we only have because someone left it wasn't working. usually i would have done the IT grin and done my best... turned out he was only a managing director of the entire bloody company... oops. thankfully i did try and help him out, and THEN somebody told me who he was. talk about frantic brain work trying to work out how rude i'd actually been, even if he had been very rude to me initially... it was one of those days *sigh*

abz xx

I can relate!! But I'm also finding that I'm not only alot more sensitive to comments and and things but also that I don't seem to stand up for myself anymore! :nope:

I hope it is just the hormones.. I feel like a right push over lol

xxx

Hopefully we will return to normal at some point after the baby reaches 18. :D LOL. It's hormones, or so they keep telling me. :o/ That's why I shouted at a rude old lady in the post office last week; it's why I cried when my horse escaped onto the neighbour's garden and trashed the rockery; and it's why I've told my family I'm not seeing them at xmas because they are so selfish. I'll be more reasonable soon, I'm sure!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->