not clear whether baby is engaged

Trixiebell

Reaction score
I went for a midwife appointment 2 weeks ago when I was 35 weeks and my regular midwife said that baby is alot further down than she would have expected to be at 35 weeks so shouldnt be long before head is engaged.
I had a scan last week and I asked whether head was engaged, they said baby was definitely head down, not yet engaged but on the brim.
On Monday I felt alot of pressure, like baby was pushing downwards, I had to stop walking until it stopped. I have felt the same pressure but not at intense the last couple of days.
I have just come back from my 37 weeks midwife appointment, it wasnt my usual midwife is was one covering who I have never seen before.
I mentioned the pressure I had been having so she said she would check whether babys head was engaged.
She said that she couldnt feel babies head, kept feeling the top near my ribs and said 'I cant feel babies head so I would assume that the head in far down engaged in your pelvis towards your back, if ai thought baby was breech I would be sending you for a scan'.
Does this definitely mean baby is engaged? I wasnt sure with the 'i would assume'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->