• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not convinced about gender from 16 week scan!

chocolatechip

Reaction score
Last night we found out our baby is a girl...but I'm not convinced!

We got the scan done at 16w2d at a private (reputable) place, but I've heard there's a lot of room for error when it comes to girls. Did anyone here have a girl scan at 16 weeks (or earlier), only to have it come out wrong? Or right?

I wouldn't worry too much, they are pretty accurate or they wouldn't offer them from that point. If I were you I would consider that you're having a girl but with a very small pinch of salt until you can get another scan in a few weeks time :) but I'm sure it will still be girl. They'd say if they weren't sure, and there's more to seeing a girl than just lack of penis, they actually look for the structure of the labia etc.

I had a private scan at 16+4 weeks and was told it was a girl. 4 weeks later had one again at the doctors and she's definitely a girl :)

I had this worry too when I was told I was having a girl at my private 16 week scan! So much so that I posted a picture the night before my 20 week scan in a blind panic that they had got it wrong!

I didn't tell my sonographer at my 20 week scan that I already knew the gender as I wanted an unbiased opinion from her, and it turns out she's still a girl :) stay viguilent until your 20 week scan, and find out for sure then :)

I had panorama so im 100% sure girl and been confirmed at 12weeks (pink marked scan) and and 16weeks (I'm A girl) scan

Attachments

• IMG_7758.jpg
    IMG_7758.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7978.jpg
    IMG_7978.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 18
With my daughter we were told at 13 weeks that she was a girl. Later confirmed at the 20 week scan. And sure enough she came out a girl!! 😁

I had a 16 week scan and was told girl, 20 week scan still a girl I ve had a few more scans she’s still a she.

DD1 had a scan at 16 weeks and it was correct.
DD2 had a scan at 17 weeks, stubborn but she said she thought girl... two scans later she still appears to be a girl lol.

I was told boy on my 16 week scan but his boy bits were so obvious that I can't imagine them not being able to see them and saying girl as a result.

Never 100% but more than likely.

Do you have a 12-13 week scan pic you can post incase there is a clear nub showing:)

Do you have a 12-13 week scan pic you can post incase there is a clear nub showing:)

These ones are not very clear at all - but worth a shot? This is from 12 weeks

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 8
With both of my daughters I was correctly told they were girls at 16 weeks. About to find out what #3 is tomorrow at 16 weeks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->