Not Fond Of My ObGyn.. -MiniRant-

you mean during pap smear too? I just find men more gentle in that area. I haven't had a good experience with women OB/Gyn yet.

you mean during pap smear too? I just find men more gentle in that area. I haven't had a good experience with women OB/Gyn yet.

No, I had a vag swab taken back in sep. so she only did the cervical scrape. I just felt like she didn't care about my bits! :C

so sorry, hun, that really sucks. my gyn is actually the nurse and she's great-she was actually apologizing last time i had a pap. and i felt the baby at 16 weeks even though everything i read said it was too early. trust your body and instincts!

i didn't like my OB either. he was also my gyno previously and never did figure out why it hurt to have sex for over a year, all he could say was "your tense" and test me for STD's every time which came out negative- EVERYTIME. since i've been pregnant..he would never tell me the babys heartrate, and just go "uh huh" and dismiss whatever i said but he never told me anything besides " you can only take tyenol" when i was extrememly sick and asked if i could take anything for it.. he again said "tyenol." tyenol won't do anything for a cold. Then i went to work and i have 2 other pregnant girls i work with and they noticed how sick i was and i told them all my doctor told me i could take was tyenol... one girl gave me this list her doctor told her she could take and it was like sudafed..etc. i was like really happy about the list and angry at my doctor. needless to say that was the last straw with him and i switched to a different doc.

i didn't like my OB either. he was also my gyno previously and never did figure out why it hurt to have sex for over a year, all he could say was "your tense" and test me for STD's every time which came out negative- EVERYTIME. since i've been pregnant..he would never tell me the babys heartrate, and just go "uh huh" and dismiss whatever i said but he never told me anything besides " you can only take tyenol" when i was extrememly sick and asked if i could take anything for it.. he again said "tyenol." tyenol won't do anything for a cold. Then i went to work and i have 2 other pregnant girls i work with and they noticed how sick i was and i told them all my doctor told me i could take was tyenol... one girl gave me this list her doctor told her she could take and it was like sudafed..etc. i was like really happy about the list and angry at my doctor. needless to say that was the last straw with him and i switched to a different doc.

Good on you!! What a butthole. >C

I realize She has a lot of people to see and what not, but telling me
that it's impossible for me to feel my baby when I clearly know my own body
more than she does because her 'medicine' tells her otherwise?!

I totally get this! I fell down while running in August (before I was pregnant), and in the weeks following I developed hard, swollen subcutaneous bumps all over my legs. I went to two doctors about it, both of whom assured me that these lumps had existed for a long time and I was just noticing them now because I was examining my body after falling. Um... no...

Anyway, if you want to switch, I think you should. Doesn't sound like your doctor has a great bedside manner going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->