Not getting on with my flips

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I dunno if I'm doing something wrong but I just cannot seem to get them to look right when on :shrug: xx

what do you mean by they don't look right?

They're not on too tight but they look all wonky and like they're way too wide between his legs xx

how are you folding the insert?

Tbh i don't get on with flips, i don't personally like the plasticky outer and my lo outpees them quite fast. I do like there trimness though

That's why I bought them, I also don't really like the plasticy bit by his bum. It's a stay dry insert, so I've folded it down to the medium line as that's the setting it's on, then popped it in.

I think I might just sell one of them and keep one. xx

maybe take a pic with little fella wearing one and maybe one of the girls that use them regular can see if your going wrong anywhere or if it is a case of they just don't suit you :)

i find that too mainly with the organic inserts. the sd's always seem lumpy at the front? and the wings seem wonky. Sorry I cant help but I think I'm doing something wrong too! I did think maybe the rise needs sto be let out? I've still got K on the smallest one but maybe it might fit better if it was bigger? i may try it ...

I know this seems wierd but i'm thinking flips fit girls bette or bigger boys. Seems to be mums of boys having probs!

Maybe a pic hun to see if anyone can help? x

I find flips are quite wide between the legs, I only use them at night so its not an issue, but I don't think they look very comfy for her to walk in

I was told that Flips aren't excellent on smaller babies...so could just be they don't suit his size/shape? I got some Grobaby dipes instead of Flips (was planning on getting Flips before) because they're meant to fit smaller babies better (I'm using prefolds in them to start with also, so they're not quite as bulky)...

xx

I was about to post the exact same thread! I can't get on with the one I have at all, never sure I'm folding/stuffing it right and it always looks odd on. Glad I only bought one, I avoid it until everything else is used up.... then I feel guilty because I so want to get why they're so great!

I only started using them once La was 7 monthsish - she has chunky thighs and is a big girl and they fit really well, and aren't bulky between her legs. I've not yet found a btp nappy that isn't bulky on smaller sizes though. Maybe the organic insert might fit better?

I find that the SD inserts look odd because you fold them down at the back/front where as the organic inserts you dont do this and I think look more comfortable.

Have you tried a organic insert?

I get on really well with the SD inserts.
If it helps anyone, I'll be happy to buy some Flips (SD) - just PM, although I can't buy until Monday :)

I really like them (except the stay dry ones get poo stained easily, and Adam poos in every. single. nappy at the moment :dohh: )

But then I am used to Little Lambs with an Airflow, so next to that Flips are super trim. I've never thought he looked uncomfortable, though he wears them on the middle rise whereas with other BGs he wears them full opened. He is wearing a Flip with a stay dry in my avatar pic. :)

i do think that flips are a bit over estimated sadly. i feel i could do the same with a prefold and wrap tbh. we just used our sd flips today. in fact he has one on now. but i am not sure i wanna sell just yet. i wanna see if they get more brilliant as everyone says they are xx

I think they just don't suit his shape. I have other one sizes that are fine. Think I might sell and replace with an Itti, we get on fab with those. xx

i do think that flips are a bit over estimated sadly. i feel i could do the same with a prefold and wrap tbh. we just used our sd flips today. in fact he has one on now. but i am not sure i wanna sell just yet. i wanna see if they get more brilliant as everyone says they are xx

I actually agree... but I like the Flip wrap *because* it's easy to use any insert. I use my Pop-in dry nite booster as an insert with a Flip wrap, because otherwise I was not getting any use out of it, because I hate how bulky it is in a Pop-in. I have also used plain bamboo terry flats folded up, which I couldn't do with any of the other wraps I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->