Not going back....

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
I know it's early days but I've told work today that I am unsure as to whether I will be returning to work. I don't think it was the wrong decision but at the same time I'm thinking maybe I should have left it a bit longer............

What do you think?

I'm also thinking during the time I won't be working (about 5 yrs) that I can train to actually go into a job I'll enjoy once bubs starts school. I was thinking something to do with History but couldn't think of anything job wise that History would help with.

Neway I'll stop rambling now. Hope you are all well + bumps.

Stace xx

I had a full-time job early on in my pregnancy that was extremely high stress and long hours, I quit it and am now doing temp work. Works out quite well for me actually, brings in a little extra cash but also allows me to have a few days off every week.

As for the history degree, I majored in history in University!! I love the subject, although I do know what you mean about jobs within the field, they aren't the best paying jobs out there but at least you'd be doing something you loved.

Until my tenancy's up in April, I can't afford to go temping although I didn't think about it. I wouldn't be starting my maternity leave until end May/June time.....but how does temping effect your SMP??

Well at the moment I don't have a history qualification of any sort but I thought it's something I could do whilst I'm off with bubs and at the same time train for a new job but I'm just unsure as to what I'd do.......

Stace xx

im giving up work 4 weeks before my due date need the money really as I think maternity pay is shit.

I had a full-time job early on in my pregnancy that was extremely high stress and long hours, I quit it and am now doing temp work. Works out quite well for me actually, brings in a little extra cash but also allows me to have a few days off every week.

Was being pregnant a problem when you joined an agency? I may have to do that but I'm worried that they won't take me on because of the pregnancy

I worked and studied fulltime until I got to 32weeks

i think if u leave ur job u lose entitlement to smp off employer but sometimes you can still get it off the job centre. u will have to have a look on the website x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->