Not good....

Babytwo13

Reaction score
Went in yesterday for what we thought was my 8 week scan. The fetus measuring only 6 weeks. The heartbeat was present.

I am very irregular . But I no it takes atleast 9 dpo to get a positive on pregnancy test. I got a positive march 28. I believe the last time we dtd was march 11. I may be wrong we may have after that but not 100 percent.

So if I am correct which I think I am the baby is only measureing 6 weeks with a heartbeat at 8 weeks .

Doc wants to see me again in two weeks.

I had my 1st positive on the 28th March, last af was 28/2, had a scan last week dated me 6 weeks, should of being 6+5 crl was 4mm with heartbeat, had an additional scan on Sat as had some spotting, was now measuring 12mm 7+4, 1st scan was an internal, 2nd external, it's so hard to get accurate measurements so early on both scans I was advised this, it's good that there was a heartbeat present.

I've seen ladies on here get bfp at 7dpo.

Lots of luck being sent huni xxx

Since you are unsure of your dates it's completely possible to be off!! There are so many positive stories!! If you were absolutely sure of your ovulation that would be a different story!! Keep Faith for your little one!! That's all that you can do while you wait!!

I went in at 9w3d with this pregnancy, and my embryo measured 7w5d (with heartbeat). My cycles were irregular, but I knew there was no way my baby was only 7w5d because we'd only DTD twice during that whole time. My MW said everything looked good, and the presence of a heartbeat and everything else looking exactly as it should made her think everything would be just fine. The fetus did catch up in size over the next few weeks. I'm now 27 1/2 weeks along.

I hope everything goes just fine with you, too.

Went in yesterday for what we thought was my 8 week scan. The fetus measuring only 6 weeks. The heartbeat was present.

I am very irregular . But I no it takes atleast 9 dpo to get a positive on pregnancy test. I got a positive march 28. I believe the last time we dtd was march 11. I may be wrong we may have after that but not 100 percent.

So if I am correct which I think I am the baby is only measureing 6 weeks with a heartbeat at 8 weeks .

Doc wants to see me again in two weeks.

If you got a bfp match 28, say you was 10dpo if you caloubtbfrom conception date you would be about 6 weeks. Fetal age would be around 6 weeks. X

^ Ian confused. You mean 8 weeks preg but 6 weeks gestion right?

When they measure on the sono and it says 6 weeks, that's referring to 6 weeks pregnant

If you were only 7 dpo at your bfp then that should have put you at 7 weeks pregnant best case scenario . Babies at that age can measure 5-7 days off. I hope you receive good news in 2 weeks! For me, measuring behind was never a good thing even if there was a heartbeat, but I was SURE of ovulation. :hugs: I'm sorry you're in this limbo!

There is a chance the dates are off

But what makes me nervous is the doctor saw a gestation sac and a tiny tiny yolk sac. Then went back three weeks later and only measured 6 weeks with heartbeat.

I thought it only took a week to go from yolk sac to heartbeat

Have you got another scan booked? I think it could go either way.

So you had a scan 3 weeks prior and then you had this scan and there wasn't much growth, but a heartbeat? That does change things, I hope your scan goes well in 2 weeks!

I think if in 3 weeks time the growth has only been a week then that doesn't sound good. Your first post didn't indicate that you had a scan 3 weeks prior to the one you talked about so I think in my opinion and experience it does change the likelihood of a good outcome :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->