Not happy with first ultrasound..

Lovingmybaby

Reaction score
I had my first OB Appointment today and they did a scan. I am very disappointed as everything was very fuzzy and hard to see.. the picture the doctor gave me it's almost impossible to see baby.. we did hear a hb of 150bpm... they couldn't completely rule out multiples as it was hard enough to see the one we saw.. I know it's probably stupid but I feel disappointed and upset that I didn't get a good look at the baby and just made me question everything even more..

Attachments

• 2015-07-28 17.56.35.jpg
    2015-07-28 17.56.35.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 63
I think it's pretty normal to not be a brilliant pic, baby is still so tiny. I had my scan last week at 8+4 and it's more or less the same as yours just a fuzzy little blob! Don't be disheartened the difference at the next scan will be amazing 😊

I looked at my ultrasound pictures from my DD and DS at the same gestation and it was very clear and easy to see.. just feel irritated and emotional..

I would have been very upset! That's something you have waited for since you found out you were pregnant! Call and see if there is any other photos of baby that r clear. They put them in your folder.

If they have an old machine in their office that's what happens...stinks

It looked like a brand new machine.. but it was very compact compared to most and I think when you go more compact you lose picture quality.. the pictures I have are the all the ones they took.. any they are all the same.. i just feel very sad as I didn't really get to see baby and just feel very let down..

Im with ya! On sunday the er doctor dis an abdominal, ABDOMINAL ultrasound when I was 6w1d and he said all love oked good but never bothered looking for a heartbeat when I asked for an internal scan he said "everything looks great, there is no need for one" ��

Mine was abdominal at 7+4- there wasn't much to see but I didn't mind- the heart was there and the Dr said it was healthy

She asked if I wanted an internal scan to see it clearer but I didn't see the point personally as the heartbeat was fine and so early there isn't much to see of baby anyway

In just looking forward to the 12 week one, and eventually when we have a private 4d one

If it makes you feel any better its really hard to see much. My picture was actually pretty clear, but looks more like a shadow of a roast chicken than a baby! Cheer up. At least there is a good heartbeat!

I got my clearest first ultrasound with this baby. You can see it in my display pic. With my others, I could only see a baby blob and a yolk blob, and you couldn't tell if they were one thing or two things because it was so blurry and awful. Amazing that you got to hear your baby's heart beating already, though! I have ever gotten to hear it before my NT test.

Edit: I want to add that your ultrasound looks right on par given the measurement on the picture. My babies looked exactly the same at that point. They go through huge changes over the next week and then start to look like an actual baby!

I guess I got super lucky with my first ultrasounds with my DD and DS.. both at the same gestation.. he said he couldn't get a good measurement so we will see..

Attachments

• 2015-07-30 20.15.26.jpg
    2015-07-30 20.15.26.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
  • 2015-07-30 20.16.21.jpg
    2015-07-30 20.16.21.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads