Not happy with my doctor girls :-/

tink30

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Had to come online and speak with you.. I had my first diabetic hospital check done today im 6 weeks .. and im so upset.. the diabetic nurse said that the doctor should have sent me to hospital when he knew i was trying to concieve.. because she tested my sugar levels and they are high and she said the damage would already be done to the baby from conception...
She said i will have to until the birth to see if there are any defects :-*(

How could he have done this to me?? he took me off my metformin meds which i had just started over a month ago.. so ive been without anything with these high sugar levels. The nurse said they will try there best for me, but the chances of miscarridge now are high also..

I feel numb.. im so upset I cant even cry

im so sorry you have been put in this situation, i would go back to your dctor and find out why he ddnt do his job correctly and see what he has to say about the situation :hugs:

OMG, dont want to read and run but really dont know anything about your situation other than it is terrible. Hang in there and hopefully someone on here will have some advice or words or wisdom. Thinking of you! :hug:

Thanks girl xxx its such a simple thing for him to have sent me to the diabetes team when i was trying.. i had told him many times.. just have to pray my little bubba is ok xxx

That terrible and very unprofessional! I'd be feeling the same Hun. I'd also make a complaint i'n regards to the doctor. I'm sure everything will be fine though :hugs:

Im so sorry you are going through this hun.:hugs:

Although I have no experience with this matter the doctor has failed to do his job properly and added extra stress on you in what is already a stressful time. I hope you put in a formal complaint. Will be interested in what he says.

I hope everything turns out well for you, loads of :hugs:

I am so terribly sorry to hear this. I'd definitely have a word with your doctor!

Thoughts and prayers with you and little bubs. :hugs:

oh hun, i have heard that diabetes needs to be controlled before pregnancy and very much so during, it is very hugh risk if its not in control and your doctor is at fault for not explaining this to you, many women are told not to TTC unless its really controlled.

Saying that, your pregnant now and your still pregnant so thats a good sign, you will def need consultant high risk care and you should be very looked after now, you will prob have extra scans and tests to check your baby is ok. It can be ok, you need to be very disaplined in your diet and you should also make a formal complaint about your doctor.

I am sure all will be well though, being high risk although is scary its a good thing, you get extra care and support, im high risk too as im carrying twins, its scary when you see the complications but just focus on the end product, most people still come through this with a healthy and happy baby! :D

I would get your bloods under control as much as you can now and see if you can go back on the metformin. Or did the dia nurse give you other meds? The developmental damage is done up til 12w, for me at least theyre doing an anomaly scan as usual then an extra heart scan at 22w. They should be able to pick up most things with those so it really isnt a case of waiting til the birth.

Get exercising and look after yourself, lots of healthy veg and keep monitoring your bloods. Its lame but you cant go back, just focus on making the best choices from now on.

Just wondering what where the high blood numbers, I have been informed that it has to be consistently higher than 180 to be considered dangerously high. I hope you can get some high risk care asap. I am diabetic myself so I know how scary this can be.

Hi girls, thanks so much for taking the time to write to me.. I was told yesterday that my bloods should be no higher than 7.8 an hour after a meal... i called the hospital in a panic this morning.. had 2 pieces of wholemeal toast as the diatitian suggested and checked and it was 11.6... :-// The worst thing off it is they want me to carry on with the metformin until friday and then book me in next week for insulin iff its not come down....

All i can think is another weeks possible damage to my baby :(.... ive called my midwife and she she called the head and thats the way they want to proceed... iim just going to have to have faith that all is well.

Thanks for the info on those scans (the heart one etc)... feel a lil more armed now .. my first actual midwife appoitment tommorw, she was nice and has tried to get me a scan for next week..i will be 7 weeks xxx

Have you had a hba1c done? Thats the average of your glucose over the last three months, would give you a better picture of how youve been overall.

GL with the scan.

oh and toast always sends me sky high too. No idea what it is but I can eat white pasta and icecream and Im fine... Try it with a few meals. Also maybe do a fasting blood level - ie before breakfast, no eating during the night (can eat normally and dont have to worry about what time you stop eating, just be sensible about it, obviously eating at 4am then testing at 6am wont be fasting, just as long as youre like empty stomached). Theyve told me I should be 3.5 to 5.9 (or 5.8, forgot) fasting. Im sometimes 6.2 but they dont seem to worry about that.

x

oh and toast always sends me sky high too. No idea what it is but I can eat white pasta and icecream and Im fine... Try it with a few meals. Also maybe do a fasting blood level - ie before breakfast, no eating during the night (can eat normally and dont have to worry about what time you stop eating, just be sensible about it, obviously eating at 4am then testing at 6am wont be fasting, just as long as youre like empty stomached). Theyve told me I should be 3.5 to 5.9 (or 5.8, forgot) fasting. Im sometimes 6.2 but they dont seem to worry about that.

x

Thanks hun for sharing this.. i called the diabetic nurse on friday and i go in monday to start on insulin.. before a meal ive been upto 8.9 and highest after has been 11.6.. so not so good, but hopefully gettin sorted very soon xxx:hugs:

I don't know much about this, but I just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and for your little bean.

My dr tried to take me off metformin but when I queried the risks he said he'd ask my gyno as he didn't know much about metformin. Hmm sorry this has happened to you! Xx

I don't know much about this, but I just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and for your little bean.

Thanks hun :hugs: all the thoughts and positive vibes are definetly going to help :) Im feeling well in myself xxx will keep you all updated xxx

My dr tried to take me off metformin but when I queried the risks he said he'd ask my gyno as he didn't know much about metformin. Hmm sorry this has happened to you! Xx

I know, its not very good.. I've changed doctors surgery now and feeling better and my midwife told me just to move forward and it re-assured me .. my scan is a week wednesday xxx:hugs:

I'm glad to hear you're getting it all sorted will have fingers X'd for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->