Not having a car

indianorchi

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone that doesn't drive gets around. I live 20 minutes from work and town centre at the moment so it's not been too bad, but I've got another one on the way and am probably going to have to move. Getting taxis to friends' houses is fine when I've got the money, but going to hospital, Tesco etc is so difficult because of having to carry the car seat and my 2 year old when he gets tired! Also nowhere to put the chair while I do my shopping and if I get a bus I can't push a pushchair and trolley! Any magical solutions? Or am I just going to have to magic up some money and get a car?

best bet with shoppin babe is if your gona do your main weekly shop then ask a family member or friend to help you do this,if you have get lil bits it dont take much to get bus with buggy.Although they do have trolleys in supermarkets where you can put the car seat on a bit above the trolley and push it round.Or apply for your provisional,take the theory and strart lessons.

I have my O/H take me shopping one day a week to do the main shop and any other small bits i get from the corner shop or get bus or walk cos i'm that distance from a shoppin outlet.

It was easy when I wasn't working because Mum picked us up and we did it together but she's really busy these days caring for her mum. I've had a license for over 2 years now I just can't afford a car. I can always get my groceries delivered, everything's just inconvenient to say the least!

Yeh id say asda or tesco delivery would be best bet! and get a buggy board for your 2 year old aswell!

i online shop...

if i cant walk somewhere i dont go.... :( xx

I do my shopping online and pick up other bits from local shops x

Yep, I do mine online too and then walk into town in the week for odd bits and pieces I need. Shopping is the most difficult thing without I a car I think, I can get pretty much everywhere i need to go on the bus or walking.

do you guys have buses? i plan on getting as much help as i can when it comes to things like doing grocerys, but i can always take the bus when i need to get somewhere and don't have help. or a cab when i can afford it.

i sometimes prefer getting a bus tbh no putting pram down and having to sort car seat out in the taxi. my shopping i get from iceland as across the road from me and i do a tesco once a month shop which i get taxi for and they gave car seat trolleys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->