Not having Braxton hicks

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I can't remember when I started definitely having bh in my first pregnancy but I'm nearly 29 weeks now and if I've had any, they've been so mild I haven't noticed. Is this normal? When do they usually start?

I never felt them if I had them with my first pregnancy, not sure about that being normal or not though.

I have rarely had them at all in 3 pregnancies. My first I’m not sure if I felt any at all except maybe once or twice after 37 weeks. My second I also only had a handful of times total right at the end. This time around I think I felt some around 19 weeks but not since then.

Not feeling Braxton Hicks is not something to be worried about. Not everyone feels them.

Thanks ladies! I thought we were all meant to get them :)

I didn't have them at all with my second. :)

First baby I didn't have them , not even the tiniest twinge and when I Was induced at term with bulging membranes and 3-4 cm the midwives were surprised I'd not had even one :haha: baby 2 I had them but also had prom from 26+5 so that doesn't count :haha: . My last baby I had them all the time from 22 weeks . This baby I've already been in to MAU (sent by midwfe) as I've been having them since 20 weeks on and off. They're not sore just uncomfortable if I'm trying to get stuff done . Usually worse sitting in the car but I think that's just position that causes my uterus to get niggly :hugs::hugs:

I'm 29 weeks with my second and not had any. Don't remember having any with my first either.

Cam be totally normal not to have any.
I had zero with my first and second baby. And only had a couple at 40 weeks with my third. This baby here i started them at 16 weeks but that has not been mt usual. I dont think BHs really indicate much of anything

I barely had any and baby came at 38wish. Took about an hour to get into active labor then 9-12 I went to 6 cm by 4 I was at 10 (they only checked on me every 4-5 hours), and unfortunately they were over staffed so I wasn’t allowed to push until 9 and kiddo came out in 1.5 push.

I had zero and by my 34/6!w appointment was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced

I didn't have any with my first baby but loads with my second baby. I think it's different each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->