Not in a good place

Keza

Reaction score
Ok so I'm about 5 and half weeks pregnant now. I'm suffering terribly with constipation I haven't had a movement in 5 days now. I'm extremely uncomfortable and have really had enough with the neausea also. I don't want to eat especially an evening meal as I feel shocking for the rest of the night with bloating and horrible neausea. This is my second pregnancy and is seriously getting me down already. I wasn't this bad with my first. Any ideas on how to relieve these horrible symptoms. I wear sea bands constantly. They pretty much cured my neausea with my first but don't seem to be working this time round. Anyone else feeling like this? And when did you feel relief from the symptoms. With my first I started feeling alittle off around 6 weeks but it only lasted until 9 weeks then I was much better. I just have a bad feeling this isn't going to be the same :cry:

Hi I too am suffering with nausea. I didn't suffer at all with my first pregnancy but this one has hit me hard in the face. I'm not actually being sick so I am grateful for that but the nausea is hurrendous and effecting my eating as the thought of pretty much anything is knocking me sick. I think I am having problems with my blood sugars though. I'm not diabetic and haven't suffered before but I am very shakey and weak all the time and I think it may be related to the nausea. I've been trying to force myself to eat to ease the shaking but it doesn't really work tbh.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering it's awful. I don't really have any advice although I've been told ginger helps. It might be worth going to your doctor for the constipation but if you can try apple juice or mints. Sorry I'm not much help.
I never knew about sea bands and think I may have to try that thank you. Hope it doesn't last long for you xx

Try using a suppository.... I asked my Dr. when I was dealing with terrible constipation and she said it was ok to use every so often. I put one of those up my behind - and within like 15 mins I was having a movement! Also, I take Metamucil fiber daily and it keeps me very regular with no problems and it's safe in pregnancy. If you are really backed up with no movement, that can also cause extreme nausea. You will probably feel a lot better if you could just have a movement. Just thought I'd share my tips with you since they worked for me!
Hang in there! Xx

My doctor gave me handout of medicines that are safe during pregnancy, and for constipation it says you can use Metamucil daily as needed, Fibercon daily as needed, Colace (Docusate Sodium) 1-2 every day as needed, fiber, and fluids.

For nausea, Vitamin B6 50mg one tab three times a day, Emetrol as directed on package, or Unisom tablets (not the gel tablets) 1/2 twice a day.

Good luck

My brother is a doctor and he has me on Miralax for my constipation. I take a half scoop to a scoop each evening. I'm on 600mg of progesterone suppositories a day, so it is insane how backed up I get if I don't take it. He says that it doesn't get absorbed into the blood stream so it's totally safe for pregnancy since it can't get to the baby. Just make sure you drink lots and lots of liquid with it so you don't get yourself dehydrated since it makes your intestines retain more of the water you drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->