• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not much movement today :( help please

AsEn11

Reaction score
Ok so I hear as you get farther along you dont feel as much movement sincethey are running out of space..so thats what I keep telling myself..
but although I thought I felt some hiccups a few hours ago I relized I hadnt really felt her much today :( so iwent and laid down to shake my belly and wake her up and nothing..usually I get a little kick or something..so of coarse I am worrying like crazy I am still at work and so anxious to get home and check her heart beat on my doppler..but any advice please

Oh and I will be 30 weeks tomorrow..

I'd call the midwife, they will monitor baby and if all is well send u home :) I wouldn't sit at work to wait though, people go home for less!

My MW told me to always at least call when there's decreased movement. They may want to bring you in to be monitored

Call immediately. You'll feel better once they tell you that it's all okay. Sometimes babies have lazy days but they wouldn't tell you to go in for reduced movement if it wasn't a sign for something wrong.

If you've felt at least something everything should be okay, I went in at 32 weeks because I hadn't felt her move in 3 days and everything was fine, obviously because there's not much room for her to move now.
Gulp a cold drink down really quickly and then llie on your back for 20 mins and give your belly a good shake, if you dont feel anything and your still worried, ring your midwife/advice line, and see what they say, they might want you to go in just to double check.
Hope everything's ok :) x

Now I am worried :( thanks tho ladies I am in the US and dont have a midwife so I would have to call the hospital :( I will try tho

Try not to worry, you'll just get yourself worked up, stay calm and give the hospital a ring, she's probably just having a lazy day or sleeping x

huni this has heppend to me a few times ...

all is absolutely fine ....

ring your mw and go get monitored coz the one thing i learnt is the monitors aren't like our Dopplers they trace movement and all sorts of activity so my bubs was jumping at one point and i just couldn't feel it!

im sure all is fine but its always goo to check up on baby anyway.... im sure shes just growing today :)

Now I am worried :( thanks tho ladies I am in the US and dont have a midwife so I would have to call the hospital :( I will try tho

I'm in the US and have a MW. But your OB should have an after hours line where you can get ahold of a nurse, or atleast have one call you back .

I'm in the US as well and had this happen a few weeks ago. .my ob always told me to go directly to labor and delivery to get monitored anytime I was concerned..they would rather be safe and check you a thousand times than have you not go in..I went in and they hooked me up to a monitor and everything was fine..turned out she was moving around but in a position where I couldn't feel it..might as well go in for peace of mind..I also have a home doppler and it is reassuring but unfortunately cannot detect if the baby is under distress..good luck and keep us updated!

I'd go see your hospital or someone - dopplers can be useful but aren't able to tell you if there's a chance LO is under stress

i would just go into l&d and they will give you a non stress test. im sure all is good:) good lyck:)

Thank you ladies! I went home checked her with my doppler and her HB was fine..it calmed me..Now I am reading oyur comments and might go in..My doctor is so busy Ican never get ahold of him and his nurse is awful at calling back :( (if it wasnt so late in my pregnancy I would change doctors) but ya for peace of mind I think I will make the drive to go in..im going to call now

I would maybe still go to hospital even though you have used your Doppler, I have been monitored and they don't just look at heartrate, they look at whether their heartrate is consistent with their movements.

It's highly likely baby is just having a quiet day and a growth spurt but its always best to get the hospital to check if its caused you to worry.

Go straight in and get checked. Forget calling the MW. Mine told me everything was fine when my daughter hadn't moved in 2 days, but I went to the hospital on my own only to find out she was already dead.

Did your OB not tell you to always get checked when you have decreased movement?

Call your doctor and get monitored.

Hiccups do not count towards movements

Just saw the recent post.

Using a Doppler is not a replacement for monitoring. I'm not trying to scare you and it ismore then likely baby is just being lazy but reduced movements should always be looked at by a midwife or doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->