not ovulating after giving birth

cleo2408

Reaction score
Hello my lo is slmost 10 months old and we want to ttc later this year so have been taking a check of my periods in preparation. However since giving birth my periods have changed enormously and my cycle varies between 25 and 35 days which had worried me enough to use opk's just to check. Last month I used them from day 12 until I got my period (which came early). No surge detected. This month started using them on cd8 but still no sign of s surge although i am only on cd13. Not a test line at all let alone a faint one! I am now panicking that I am not ovulating at all! Can this happen? Prior to giving birth my periods were regular as clock work although I had a short luteal phase which was corrected with vitamin b6 and I conceived in just 3 months and opk's with success. I am not breast feeding and am taking b6 again. What can be happening? Has anyone experienced this and has any advice?

How many times a day do you test, and at what time?
I have a SUPER short surge and if I test once in the morning I would miss it... Usually late afternoon or early evening will catch it for me.

Can you start temping? You would be able to know for sure if you are ovulating, or not...

How many times a day do you test, and at what time?
I have a SUPER short surge and if I test once in the morning I would miss it... Usually late afternoon or early evening will catch it for me.

Can you start temping? You would be able to know for sure if you are ovulating, or not...

Thankyou, I only test once at about 4pm and that was ok before. I did temp when ttc lo but now that he id here I generally hsbe broken sleep through the night so am not temping as I expect it will be quite inaccurate and this in itself would stress me out. Unless I could set my alarm for about 3am. Would this work? Would be happy to do that if its ok to.

I take my tests in the afternoon and late at night. One month at 4pm had no lh surge but by 10pm that night I had 2 dark lines. I recommend you test twice a day! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->