Not peeing enough?

kookygirl

+ hubby = perfect baby :)
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Hoping I have nothing to worry about here but I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.

My peeing pattern hasn't changed much at all throughout my pregnancy. I am going into 21 weeks and haven't had to get up at night to pee once. I pee before I go to bed and again when I wake up in the morning. This doesn't seem normal (for a pregnant woman). I feel ok. No infections (urniary/thrush etc).

Anyone else the same? Or have an explanation for why this might be happening (or not)?

Would appreciate any replies.

Many thanks xx

Can we switch symptoms? :rofl:

I go twice at night and plenty of times in the day :hissy:

I think it's different for every woman, some people don't see a change at all.

It sounds like you may be starting to retain some fluid. I've noticed that I pee less when I retain fluid, which is normal in small amounts. Even if you don't notice any swelling, if you notice a weight gain in a short amount of time then it's probably fluid. Try laying on your left side for a while, that usually helps me lose a little water if I notice I'm holding on to too much fluid. Try to avoid salt, and even though it might seem counteractive, drink more water to balance out your electrolytes. Hope this helps!

i get up anywhere from 2 to 5 times to pee at night... lol. maybe it depends on where the baby's sitting? sometimes i notice if i'm sitting down i have the urge to go but when i stand up i don't have to anymore.

Thanks ladies for the replies.

WTTMommy and Mrsadair it's probably a good thing you pee so much considering what Frippledip says. I don't check my weight regular enough but I have definite swelling on hips, thighs, and tummy. I was hoping I wouldn't suffer from excess water retention which is a common problem amongst the women in my family (who balloon when pregnant). I will cut down on the salt which if I am being honest has increased since I fell pregnant (I seem to want more of the stuff in my food!) and increase my water intake. Does it make a difference if its sparkling water? I drink quite a bit of the stuff.

Thanks again xx

i dont pee enough either and am also coming up to 21 weeks, never wake in the night to go for a pee and can drink loads n just not need a wee for a while hmmmm i dont seem to have ballooned though ive just put on a bit of weight no proper bump yet either and no wee infection or anything x x

I definitely "go" more during the day whilst I'm awake...but as yet I haven't (touch wood) had to get up to go during the night!!!

Its only in the last couple of weeks or so that I've noticed I've been going more...I think its cos the baby is getting more and more active and seems to like being around my bladder :) xx

Dandelion tea is really good for water retention. I tend to get up once a night but sometimes I sleep right through. I do think it depends where baby is sleeping and whether baby is jumping up and down on the bladder!

i try not to drink much before i go to bed so i might only get up once during the night.

i dont pee that much tho really tbh!! maybe 4-5 times a day??

xx

Apparently round lettuce is good for water retention so have a lettuce sandwich at night or cranberry is also good for making you go if I have a cranberry juice in the morning I have to go more. I thought that it was the opposite with the salt or at least different types of salts like the ones in lucozade etc but I might have it all wrong on that score.

I am also not having to get up during the night but to be honest, I'm not complaining! I need all the sleep I can get :rofl:

Ain't that the truth Smartie! I sleep pretty well and making the most of it because I'm not expecting much sleep at all once the baby arrives! All my friends are waiting to see how I cope with the reduced amount of sleep as it's no secret that I love my sleep! Probably won't be the nicest person to be around...:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->