not posted here in ages, very sad miscarriage experience (MAYBE GRAPHIC)

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
I used to post here a lot but didn't recently. I have children already and am in my mid-30s. I have previously had a missed miscarriage and two other early miscarriages. I have some symptoms of perimenopause and it took two years for my periods to return after having my youngest, who is now almost three. Three months after my periods returned I had an early miscarriage at about 4.5 weeks. I then got pregnant again six months later (in February this year) and all seemed to be well though I never had strong pregnancy symptoms, this was not a worry in itself as with some of my other pregnancies I didnt have any strong symptoms until 10 weeks plus. I also had a small amount of brown spotting from 5 weeks onwards but again this is something I had in all my pregnancies, except the missed miscarriage one.

About a week ago I started spotting more, like the first couple of days of a period, still I was not worried too much as I had this with my second youngest and all was well. I had no cramps and my cervix remained firmly closed and high. The night before last though I could feel that my cervix was starting to open and lower without even having to touch anything, I knew then that the likelihood was that a miscarriage was inevitable. I had mild cramping and pressure feelings throughout yesterday, but the blood was not enough to really even stain a pad. I went to sleep last night with a maxi pad on just in case things kicked off but I wasn't expecting them too yet.

Woke up at 2.30am, coughed twice while half asleep and felt like I wet myself only when I felt down I knew it was blood. I went to the bathroom and everything was on the pad including the sac (intact), lots of clots and thick jelly like blood. Still it wasn't as heavy as with my MMC or even as bad as some of the heavy periods I had as a teenager. I opened the sac which had in it the yolk sac, and inside was the embryo/foetus (not sure what is correct term at this stage) about 1.2cm long. The awful upsetting thing was I noticed a pulsing and realised it's heart was beating.I am not kidding and I actually videoed it as it was so unbelievable. Its heart continued pulsating for a good 20 minutes. I searched to see if anyone else had experienced such a thing and it appears they haven't. At least not with a first trimester loss. Maybe it had stopped growing properly or had some other defect which meant it wasn't viable or maybe there is something wrong with my body, or me going through suspected perimenopause means I cannot sustain a pregnancy. The tiny embryo/foetus was very fragile and just disintegrated when I tried to place it on a tissue. The whole experience was so surreal and strange that I am in shock really.

The bleeding has died down a lot now and I am ok on painkillers. I was planning to book in with the midwife this week but sadly it was not to be :( I am trying to stay positive, I have my lovely kids, and things aren't really good to be having a new baby right now. I had also bought supplements just before finding out that I was pregnant, that aren't suitable for pregnancy. Now I can start taking them. I can also soon go back to using my STIM device for pelvic floor etc, I didn't use it recently and I really needed to. I'm going to see how things go and if I am still bleeding at all or have any concerns in a couple of weeks I will see the doctor about it; but so far and based on past experience it seems my body is handling things well enough xx

I looked into it and it seems the poor thing was the size it should have been but at the developmental stage of approx 6 weeks. I'm very sad still but now know poor LO was just not viable :( xx

I remember you from before. I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard to go through

Thank you. I am still in shock a bit but starting to come to terms with it now. Just have to stay positive. OH and I are living apart at the moment so it was not a good time, really.xx

I remember you hun, im so sorry for your loss- seeing bAbys hesrt still beating must have been really traumatic for you x

Thank you for your lovely words. Started again with uncomfortable cramps and slightly heavier bleeding but nothing too terrible.Still, I kind of hoped that everything would be pretty much over as during the day yesterday I had no cramps and only light spotting :( xx

You poor thing, that must have been heart breaking. I hope you are ok, are you getting support from your partner even though you are living apart?

Look after yourself.

Wow... I am so deeply sorry for your loss..I have never even heard of something like that happening, it must have been traumatic...I am really sorry you went through this XOXOOXXO:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->