Not producing enough??!

sunnylove

Reaction score
There's a certain point in the day where my baby seems like he's hungry and isn't being satisfied. Like he's not getting enough milk. He's obviously hungry but when I put him to breast he always pulls off and whines. He does this quite a bit when he's going down for the night. I don't know if this is normal, or if he's legitimately hungry and I'm starving him by not supplementing? During the day he eats every 1.5 hours and seems content until he gets to his "witching hour." Any advice? Am I running out of milk during this time or is he just being a booger?

Also, he is 2 months adjusted age and he will go up to 7 hours at night without nursing. Is this okay?

It sounds like cluster feeding. Is it usually in the evening? Both my boys have done this (6 week old still is) . They are building up your supply, stocking up for the night and just generally they tend to be tired and grumpy and need the closeness. Do you have a partner to help? We pop on the telly, I feed, hubby bounces him/tries to hold off the crying while I pee, eat or drink, then I feed again and this just repeats till he falls asleep about 9 or 10 pm. It can be stressful, but it doesn't last forever thankfully!

I would say enjoy the sleep if he lasts in the night! I never woke DS1 up after we got home from NICU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->