Not pushing throughout 2nd stage of labour

lol i cant say i actually "Pushed" AJ out cept a couple of pushes i threw in after his head was born lol my body did it all till his head was out

With Willow I just pushed, didnt have any say in it really my body just did it. I felt the pushing urge alot at the beginning with each contraction but only a little.

When she was actually born i was on my knees and i couldnt stop myself from leaning back and pushing. My MW told me to push again once her head was out and i said no i dont need too. W was born on the next contraction, if id have pushed before i think id have just wasted energy and increased the chance of tearing.

Trust your body

Here's my description of my pushing stage :)

To me, it felt as if it was very soon after getting in the pool that I started feeling pushy, and that had been not long after finding out I was 4-5cm… “You can only push at 10cm” = the biggest pile of bollocks in the world. I remember wondering vaguely if I should ask for another internal but I didn’t bother. I needed to push, so I pushed. It felt GREAT! It wasn’t ARGH pushing either, it was more breathing down, like the birth breathing (from Hypnobirthing). It felt just right so I kept doing it with each contraction.

The second midwife arrived and at one point they had both gone into the living room leaving me alone with Mum and DH. The difference in my next contraction was huge, I’d only been vaguely aware that there was anyone with me at all, but the moment they left the room, my urge to push trebled. It wasn’t an urge, even…. my body was just pushing and my brain was not invited to the party. I managed to gasp out “Midwife!”, having the vague thought that someone should be there as my baby came out. They came back, and it eased off again, not so intense. Looking back, I am wondering if I’d have experienced the fetal ejection reflex if I’d just kept my mouth shut and let go…. I wonder if I’ll keep quiet next time and just deliver her into my hands, with no one else in the room except me & DH. Tempting.

At one point the pain got a lot worse. My legs re-arranged themselves to get me in a squatting position and I could FEEL my baby shifting down. The pain eased. One of the midwives said “that’s great, that will really help your baby move down!” I remember thinking “well, duh!” Pain = move.

Oh god I was tired. Tired, tired, tired. I distinctly remember taking the gas and air out of my mouth and saying “Remind me to have a caesarean next time.” God, I’m *such* a card.

I could feel my baby move gently and gradually down. Nikki (Midwife #1) asked me to lift up out of the water every so often so she could check the progress. I remember her saying that the head was sitting right there, waiting to be born and I was thinking, “I know, I can feel it, I can feel just where it is!”

I was breathing down with more pressure and could feel everything stretching and opening to let Peanut out. I could feel a little burning, stinging sensation which was worse when I lifted up out of the water. I could feel a bit more burning, and I could feel that the head was on its way out, so I put my hand down there. That helped so much because I could feel so much of the head had been born and I knew I was nearly there! I could feel lots of hair! I stroked the hair and felt the top half of my baby’s face, a squishy little nose… I remember thinking “dear Christ that feels weird!” I grabbed DH’s hand again and pulled it under the water. I was trying to tell him that the head was nearly out, there was loads of hair, it was REALLY COOL, he just HAD to feel it…. but in my excitement I’d forgotten to take the gas and air out of my mouth.

I got really excited then, and it was all I could do to not push down hard, not because I felt like I “needed” to, but just because I was so close and kind of impatient. I kept breathing down with the contractions and very soon (not sure exactly how long, time had gone very strange) I felt an enormous slithery sensation and I heard someone say “pick your baby up!” I lifted it up to my chest and told it that it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

:)

he pushing my body was doing felt like that involuntary feeling you get in your chest and stomach when you vomit, except this was in my vagina. It was very strange feeling, didn't hurt or anything.

This is exactly what I experienced as well . . . I told my midwife that it felt like my vagina was trying to vomit, it was a very involuntary and non painful urge to push, but was very difficult to NOT push as I still had a lip of cervix over the baby's head.

I didn't have to push really, my body did it! I couldn't help it, just had to breathe/make deep noises through it as it was so intense.

My body pushed on it's own. I didn't have to push at all. The pushing my body was doing felt like that involuntary feeling you get in your chest and stomach when you vomit, except this was in my vagina. It was very strange feeling, didn't hurt or anything.

That's exactly it!!! Good way to describe it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->