Not quite 5 weeks and worried...CB Digi?

MrsAmk

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks and 5 days today, and I took another CB digital with weeks test. It said 2-3 at 16dpo when my beta hcg was 788. I am now 19dpo and it still says 2-3 weeks, and the lines are much lighter (yes I open them and look). I read that to see a 3+ your hcg needs to be 2000+. Well mine should be definitely over that. I also have NO symptoms. I did have a lot of hunger and sore nipples last week, but now I feel nothing at all. :cry:

I've heard that the digi lines can be tricky so I would try another kind of test before you conclude that the lines might be getting lighter. I believe in the CB digital there are two test strips--one high sensitivity and one low. Are you sure you are comparing the right strips from the two tests?

The only true answer about what might be going on is going to come from another beta blood draw. Can you call your doctor to get one?

Unfortunately, there is always the chance that lighter or stalled test line progression could indicate an early m/c, but some women's lines just don't darken in the later stages, and also at around 5 weeks (depending on where your levels are), pregnancy test lines can also start to get lighter because of the Hook effect:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...7469-hook-effect-you-should-stop-testing.html

I would wait until I got a beta to be concerned about the outcomes. There is just so much uncertainty to pregnancy test line darkness, especially with digis. I've gotten a squinter in between two brilliantly bold tests at 14-15 DPO. It made no sense, totally freaked me out, but betas were doubling okay!

x

MrsAmk, I have heard so many things about the CB digitals not being entirely accurate. They say to wait an entire week before you try again with them...even though it does an estimator, it's not the worlds smartest computer...it's just taking a sample of your pee and making an "educated guess." Your pee could have been more diluted or something, or maybe the HCG was 1 point under where it needed to be for the next "3+".....I would retest in a few days, and rely on your beta results more than the cb digi!!

It's only three days later right? There would be nothing wrong with not being over 2000 yet.

HCG numbers can be VERY healthy and take 48-72 hours to double. A SUPER healthy doubling rate of as quick as 55.08 hours would only have you at 1950 at the moment.

(788.... 72 hours later at a 55.08 doubling rate is 1950)

I feel your pain. Early pregnancy is a struggle. But I would say that there is nothing wrong with those numbers. :)

I wouldn't be worried about still getting 2-3 at 19dpo, that's exactly where you should be as you are still between 2-3 weeks from ovulation. You're best testing again once you're over 21dpo when you should be in the 3+ range. You're best waiting a week between each digi to save the stress when it hasn't changed after just a few days.

I'm no expert but I'd say nothing to worry about, MrsAmk. Symptoms will come and go as well, so best not to read into it. Hope you have a h&h 9months.

They're not always accurate!! I took a test that should have said 3+ weeks and it said 2-3 still. Freaked me out because it should have said 3+ according to my doubling times for my HCG. Well I had my blood drawn like 1/2 hour after I took that test and my HCG was way over what the pamphlet said needed to make the test say 3+ weeks! If you're worried about line accuracy, just take a First Response with the pink dye line.

All I can say is once you get your positive HPT, stop testing. Easier said than done I know, but it really will drive you crazy.

Thanks all! I did get a 3+ today and like you Chelsea, I had bloods yesterday after that and it was 3266

I'm glad you finally got your 3+ Sometimes these tests cause more stress! I hope you are a little more relaxed now and congratulations on your BFP X

I know your question was answered but just in case anyone else is looking, same thing happened to me and i realised blood hcg is about 1.5 times urine hcg-for example your betas would be approx 3000 when your urine hcg is approx 2000....and there can be more variation with drinks etc diluting urine. Personally a test stuck on 1-2 for more than a wk has meant early mc twice for me but this time all seems to be going well and i got my 3+ last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->