Not ready for Number 3: Advice?!

Genevevex

Reaction score
So, I'm definitely not ready for baby number three. But baby number three is on the way.

I have a very soon to be 4 year old, and a 1 year old. I'm already stressing about what kind of gear I'm going to need for three children.

So, here's my question. Strollers. What kind of stroller does one use with three little ones (with one being not so little)? Right now I've been using a sit and stand--the littlest one sits up front and the older one can sit or stand in the back as necessary. Should I just expect the oldest to start walking, and switch the youngest two? :wacko: I can't see that working out so well, because the oldest still gets pretty tired.

If your son is almost four he will be nearing five when baby comes and im sure will be just fine walking by then. Maybe encourage him to walk a little more now, it won't be such a change then when baby arrives. Then get a good double pushchair for two smallest ones. Congratulations.

Haha congrats I'm in the same situation. My kids are slightly older (almost 5 and 1.5) and we just got a huge shock yesterday that number 3 is on the way.. totally unplanned. I was wondering this as well if I'll need a double stroller. My youngest will be 2 when the baby is born!

How about using a double and a carrier? On a short walk your two littlest can ride in the pushchair but when the big one gets tired you could pop the baby in a carrier. In a years time (by the time the baby is 6 months old) your son will be almost 5 and should be walking happily I expect.

Congratulations :) I would just make the older one walk! My son will be almost 4 when baby arrives and I am not buying a double stroller. He went through a stage of always wanting to be carried and really hurt my back so I decided enough was enough. He doesn't want to go in the pushchair so I said he has to walk, it took a week of tantrums but he will now walk for miles without complaint! :) maybe try encouraging him to walk more now so that he's prepared for the change when baby arrives.

Out n about nipper 360 double is a great buggy if u can get it where u are xx

Congrats!
I would go with a good double for the younger two, and have your eldest either ride on a buggy board or holding a strap you can buy to attach to the pushchair. My 4 year old holds a strap whilst I push.

The city select stroller is great. https://www.babyjogger.com/uploads/City-Select-Buyers-Guide.pdf

It has two stroller seats. A bassinet option and also a scooter pad that's attached for a third to stand and ride along. That's what we bought when pregnant with our first since we knew we wanted a big family. It is pricey but I think we'll worth it in the end. We've had ours over a year and love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->