not sure about hubbys fave boy name

navywag

Reaction score
Hi, as title says, im just not sure!

we've been thinking of names for a long time as we were ttc for 4 years and there is no boy names that i love! There is a couple we both like but hubby has his heart set on one,

teddy

either teddy Jason or teddy James ( dh dad and grandad)

i like it, but think what about when hes a teenager ir adult, will he want to be teddy?? I suppose he could use ted or TJ? Was thinking of using Edward ir Theodore, but really cant imagine myself having a son called either of them!
my mum loves teddy. As her dad was Edward nn ted who died while she was young, so has got a family connection too,
would love to hear your views x

I would definitely use Theodore, and call him Teddy until he's a teenager, and gradually move towards Ted.

I think it's lovely and has a lovely family connection

It's a toughie this kind of decision we went through the same thing 6 weeks ago! I loved Freddie for DS2 and so did OH. But I wasn't sure how he would like it as an older person. I also like Fred. But when I was pregnant I just couldn't imagine a son named Frederick. Anyway since he's been born we realised it's better (in our opinion anyway) for him to have a 'proper' birth certificate name. So he's registered Frederick Paul, yet we know him solely as Freddie. I like it as I can legitimately call him Fred now too lol

So in your position I personally would use either Edward or Theodore (probable Edward) and yet call him teddy as you have planned to xxx

I'd go with Edward but that's because I like the name. If you don't like Theodore or Edward, maybe you can use just Ted, better adult name than Teddy :thumbup:

Theodore James sounds adorable and he could always go by TJ!! (but then again he might also get NN Theo

Since there's a family connection with Edward I would try to use that, but personally not a big fan of Edward so really even any name w/ NN Teddy would bring out that family connection if you think about it.

Personally not a fan of NNs as birth-certificate names, but nothing wrong with Teddy...Just think if you want him to be Teddy when he's a grown man?

If you don't like Theodore or Edward, I'd just name him Ted, and use Teddy as a nickname. I don't think I'd put Teddy as the official name though, as it may not age well.

Personally I would use Edward James because I like both names, that doesn't really help you though.

Is there any nicknames you like from either Edward or Theodore then Teddy could be his nickname from Daddy and you could use a different one. Just be prepared he may want to use his full name when he is older so you can't hate it.

If you don't like Theodore or Edward, I'd just name him Ted, and use Teddy as a nickname. I don't think I'd put Teddy as the official name though, as it may not age well.

I would do the same

Teddy James, I agree with others tho i'd prob go with a 'formal' name too, Theodore is great :)

I have a Ted, his full name is Theodore but we never call him that, we do often call him Teddy. Its funny, when I think about it I can't imagine myself with a Theodore either, it doesn't feel like Theodore is really his name! I hope he stays a Ted/Teddy when he grows up but if he chooses to go by Theodore or Theo I'll still be happy as I like them too. I had a classmate called Teddy and his name didn't seem to bother him, he was populr and confident so to me having a teenager called Teddy doesn't seem like an issue, but I can see that it might be considered babyish, so I do think its good to have an alternative (although I think Ted would be fine).
Other than Theodore and Edward I've heard of Edmund shortened to Ted/Teddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->