Not sure how far along I am

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Aphrodite, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

Well I am in shock to be posting in here! I found I was pregnant yesterday and went to the docs who said I was 4 and a half wks. However, when we did a digi test it said I was more than 5 weeks. My last period was so light it was barely a period so now I think I was already pregnant then, so that makes me almost 9 weeks. Do I need to go back to the doctor and tell her this? Or just ring the midwife? The docs decided not to send me to the early pregnancy clinic even though Ive had bleeding. Can I make an appointment myself anyway? I dont want to wait till I'm 14/15 wks for my booking appointment and scan.

2. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

I thought digi tests only went to 3+ weeks?
    If you think you are definately 9 weeks and have midwifes contact details I would just contact the midwife directly rather than through the doctor. Congrats on your pregnancy!xx

3. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Well-Known Member

Thanku sunshine. Yes the digi said 3+ but that means you are more than 5 weeks, it says in the booklet. Think Ill give the midwife a call x

4. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

Really! I didnt know that. How very odd!! What does it say when you are 4 weeks then?? confused.com!! lol xx

5. foxymummy

foxymummy Well-Known Member

I think 3+ is as far as it goes acutally. Best to give the midwife a call.....maybe they can do a dating scan on you to see exactly how far along you are

6. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

on a digi 1-2 weeks means your 3-4 weeks pregnant. 2-3 weeks means your 4-5 weeks and 3+ means your 5 weeks plus. However this is just a guide and the range on hcg is so big

7. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

Aah I get it. So the digi basically doesnt add on the additional 2 weeks from the date of your LMP. You learn something new every day! Thanks for this. xx