Not sure how far along I am

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well I am in shock to be posting in here! I found I was pregnant yesterday and went to the docs who said I was 4 and a half wks. However, when we did a digi test it said I was more than 5 weeks. My last period was so light it was barely a period so now I think I was already pregnant then, so that makes me almost 9 weeks. Do I need to go back to the doctor and tell her this? Or just ring the midwife? The docs decided not to send me to the early pregnancy clinic even though Ive had bleeding. Can I make an appointment myself anyway? I dont want to wait till I'm 14/15 wks for my booking appointment and scan.

I thought digi tests only went to 3+ weeks?
If you think you are definately 9 weeks and have midwifes contact details I would just contact the midwife directly rather than through the doctor. Congrats on your pregnancy!xx

Thanku sunshine. Yes the digi said 3+ but that means you are more than 5 weeks, it says in the booklet. Think Ill give the midwife a call x

Thanku sunshine. Yes the digi said 3+ but that means you are more than 5 weeks, it says in the booklet. Think Ill give the midwife a call x

Really! I didnt know that. How very odd!! What does it say when you are 4 weeks then?? confused.com!! lol xx

I think 3+ is as far as it goes acutally. Best to give the midwife a call.....maybe they can do a dating scan on you to see exactly how far along you are

Really! I didnt know that. How very odd!! What does it say when you are 4 weeks then?? confused.com!! lol xx

on a digi 1-2 weeks means your 3-4 weeks pregnant. 2-3 weeks means your 4-5 weeks and 3+ means your 5 weeks plus. However this is just a guide and the range on hcg is so big

on a digi 1-2 weeks means your 3-4 weeks pregnant. 2-3 weeks means your 4-5 weeks and 3+ means your 5 weeks plus. However this is just a guide and the range on hcg is so big

Aah I get it. So the digi basically doesnt add on the additional 2 weeks from the date of your LMP. You learn something new every day! Thanks for this. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->