Not sure how?

Cherrysoul

Reaction score
So we have been TTC number three for almost a year now.

I don't chart or temp, i have regular 28 day cycles. So my last LMP (well what i thought was a period) was 19th November, finished on 23rd , i noticed it was a bit different to normal, but still looked like a full period.

Anyway skip to last week, and i noticed my clothes and bra a bit tighter, but didn't think much of it, and hunger increased. Skip to this week, today and i noticed boobs where rather veiny and tender, and i look even more'bloated'. Then this afternoon teeny tiny amounts of brown cm only when i wipe. So i got a feeling to test.

I got a strong dark positive at 1:30pm in a matter of seconds. Shocked to say the least.

So am i pregnant or what? o_O Because as i said i had what i thought was a period? I feel pregnant, but how is that possible? I know my GP said it can happen all be it rare, as i had a moment a few months back where i thought i might be and it came up when he tested. But that one was negative ofc.

Ofc i need to see a GP but that's not until a week from now. Could of it just been a pregnancy bleed, or impantation, or indeed a fake period?

Either way, i got a positive :shrug:

Attachments

• BFP 2 DEC 2013.jpg
    BFP 2 DEC 2013.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 58
Wow.. That's a blazing positive, You're definitely Pregnant!! Congratulations!! That bleed could have been a couple different things but it's hard to say exactly what it would have been!! I think it's safe to say you're pregnant and I wouldn't worry about anything, especially since the bleed was a while ago and your test is THAT positive!!

That is the strongest positive ive ever seen! haha congrats girl!

Wow.. That's a blazing positive, You're definitely Pregnant!! Congratulations!! That bleed could have been a couple different things but it's hard to say exactly what it would have been!! I think it's safe to say you're pregnant and I wouldn't worry about anything, especially since the bleed was a while ago and your test is THAT positive!!

Thanks, I'm tempted to go and get a digi just to see how many weeks it thinks i am approx. LOL

Still in shock anway :D

Omg I would totally do the digi hahaha!! I'd be all over that, especially in your situation!!

Ok so assuming my last period wasn't actually a period, then my conception date is 5th Nov (Ovulation) which makes me 5 weeks 6 days appx (according to online calc0 o_O Holy cow. Def grabbing a digi tommoz, put me out of my confusion LOL

Wow!! That's crazy to think about hey!! My ovulation day was Nov 7th!! We're right close!!

Totally bump buddies!! And thanks!! Have you taken the digi yet!?

Totally bump buddies!! And thanks!! Have you taken the digi yet!?

Not yet, havent had a chance to go to the shops, and im still not convinced LOL.

Just doesn't seem real, the whole had a "period" type thing a couple weeks back has thrown me off. I still have veiny/sore boobs, tighter clothes/bra/ weird taste in mouth, and the strong positive tells me it would coincide with conception the week of the 5th.

Worried it is a false pos due to an early MC, But then i think if it where that the line would be faint not fast and dark, as the hormones would be dropping off,slowly but surely. The + was mid afternoon diluted wee, not FMU.

Well all i can do is wait and see if i get a period on 17th, and keep testing in between due to paranoia LOL

Ok found this, which would make sense as that "period" was around the 4 week mark Some women experience what is known as ‘breakthrough bleeding’ at the times when your period would have normally been due. So this would be at 4, 8 and 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is often accompanied by the feeling that you would normally associate with your period being imminent i.e. back ache, cramps, a heavy sensation in your pelvis, feeling bloated and ‘off’. Of course the period doesn’t arrive (even though you feel like it will) because you are actually pregnant! During pregnancy, hormones prevent your period from occurring. Sometimes the hormone levels are not yet high enough to stop your period and therefore you have this breakthrough bleeding. It can last for around three months – after this time the placenta begins to take over hormone production from your ovaries. Some women may experience breakthrough bleeding throughout the whole pregnancy and have healthy babies, under the close watch of their carer.

I agree with everything you just said!! There's no way that test could be THAT positive if something had gone wrong with the bleed!! Also, I bet a breakthrough bleed is EXACTLY what it was!! I know some people still bleed during pregnancy even though nothing is wrong (Hence the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show hahaha) Have you made an appointment with the doctor yet!? I got for my first prenatal appointment on thursday and still have to book a dating scan but I'm waiting to call them till friday so I won't get in till next week and I'll be over 6 weeks and be able to see a heartbeat!!

I agree with everything you just said!! There's no way that test could be THAT positive if something had gone wrong with the bleed!! Also, I bet a breakthrough bleed is EXACTLY what it was!! I know some people still bleed during pregnancy even though nothing is wrong (Hence the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show hahaha) Have you made an appointment with the doctor yet!? I got for my first prenatal appointment on thursday and still have to book a dating scan but I'm waiting to call them till friday so I won't get in till next week and I'll be over 6 weeks and be able to see a heartbeat!!

Yep i have an appointment Tuesday next week, but will do another test before then just to be sure LOL. I don't think it has sunk in yet, been trying so long, it just doesn't seem real.

Good luck with your appointment, i hope i can get a scan too, then i'm sure it will definitely sink in :happydance:

Hahaha I bet you're shocked!! Especially after trying so long and then having what you thought was a "Period" just to get a positive test!! Soooooo crazy and soooooo exciting!! I'm also a little shocked as well as this is my 3rd pregnancy, my son is 20 months, my daughter is 6 months and this baby kinda snuck up on us!! We were not trying, not preventing (didn't prevent like twice hahaha) and boom!! Pregnant!! Totally excited now though!! I hope they give you a dating scan because of your "period"!! That would be awesome!!

Hahaha I bet you're shocked!! Especially after trying so long and then having what you thought was a "Period" just to get a positive test!! Soooooo crazy and soooooo exciting!! I'm also a little shocked as well as this is my 3rd pregnancy, my son is 20 months, my daughter is 6 months and this baby kinda snuck up on us!! We were not trying, not preventing (didn't prevent like twice hahaha) and boom!! Pregnant!! Totally excited now though!! I hope they give you a dating scan because of your "period"!! That would be awesome!!

That's awesome, this is my third too. My first was planned, second was a whoopsie, pregnant when first was 6 months old haha. Going to be great though as my eldest is already at School and youngest starts in January (Im in Australia btw) , and i'll have my days free to bond and enjoy this little one :happydance:

My first was planned, my second was planned but happened a lot sooner than we thought (my oldest was 5 months) and this one was "planned" in a sense that we knew we wanted a third but again happened way sooner then we thought it would, still shocked hahaha!! That'll be nice to have some alone time with the baby!! I'm going to be one busy momma with a two year old, a one year old and a newborn!! It'll be awesome though!! Where abouts in Australia are you!? My parents lived in Perth, WA for a year and a half and we got to visit for a month and it was the BEST time of my life!! I LOVED it there!! It was before we had babies so we had a great time!! I live in Alberta, Canada and we just had a MASSIVE snow storm!! It's crazy how much snow we got in 24 hours!! I wish I was in Australia again!!

My first was planned, my second was planned but happened a lot sooner than we thought (my oldest was 5 months) and this one was "planned" in a sense that we knew we wanted a third but again happened way sooner then we thought it would, still shocked hahaha!! That'll be nice to have some alone time with the baby!! I'm going to be one busy momma with a two year old, a one year old and a newborn!! It'll be awesome though!! Where abouts in Australia are you!? My parents lived in Perth, WA for a year and a half and we got to visit for a month and it was the BEST time of my life!! I LOVED it there!! It was before we had babies so we had a great time!! I live in Alberta, Canada and we just had a MASSIVE snow storm!! It's crazy how much snow we got in 24 hours!! I wish I was in Australia again!!

We are in crappy Melbourne haha. Would love to visit Canada one day, on my bucket list. I was born in the UK mum and i moved here when i was 14. :thumbup:

BTW: Are you in a different group on here rather than TTC, Seeing as we are not TTC now :D

Better then Canada hahaha!! I can't believe you want to visit here!! I've been Alberta all my life!!

I'm not in any other groups yet, haven't really looked for one yet but I guess I should! Are you in any other groups!? Maybe we should start a first trimester thread!!

Better then Canada hahaha!! I can't believe you want to visit here!! I've been Alberta all my life!!

I'm not in any other groups yet, haven't really looked for one yet but I guess I should! Are you in any other groups!? Maybe we should start a first trimester thread!!

I brought a CBD just now, so about to test, will let you know if im still coming up Positive, i just really have my doubts. Will update soon haha. If so then yes i shall join you in a new thread if we cant find a relevant one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->