Not sure if I can do anything. Advice please.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
This is off topic, but wanted to see if any of you ladies could offer advice.

I live in a terrace house which is near to a shop and my house is second to the end of the row of terraces. Next to the end terrace, there is an alleyway where everyone keeps there bins.

Anyway, for about a year, a guy in his 50's has used the alleyway to basically drink and smoke all day. My next door neighbour doesn't have his gate up so this guy uses next doors bin to store his alcohol and sits in his garden to drink it. He also brings his scally mates on occasions so they are all there drinking and smoking.
This doesn't bother me so much in the winter because I rarely go in the back garden but during these last couple of months when the weathers been nicer, I leave the back door open for the dogs whilst in in the house, which means they are constantly barking at this guy. Also, whenever I'm sat out in the garden and of we are having dinner in the garden, all I see is him drinking. It really annoys me.
He lives a few streets away and wish he would go outside his own house to do this.
My OH told him last week that I was pregnant and that I didn't want smoke near me (hint, hint - fuck off) so now if I'm sat in the garden, he will shout over to me 'is the smoke getting you whilst I'm stood here'.

Why does he not get the hint.

Also, can you ladies think of anything we could do? I've even thought about going in the bin every time he goes home and pour his alcohol away but he will know its us.
Legally, I don't think there is anything we can do.

How annoying I think dh would tell him to get lost and he has no reason to be there. Does he know anyobe that lives there? I think id poor out his liquor too and leave him a note!

Just to check I've got this right - he sits in next door's garden to drink? Does your neighbour know this?

Yes, he sits in next doors garden. My next door neighbour is a single guy who is hardly ever home so he probably wouldn't notice. I'm gonna ask him next time I are him to put his gate back up to make it more difficult for the guy to get in. I can't even remember the last time I saw my neighbour though.

Ok well firstly I would talk to the neighbour and check he knows this is going on - I'm willing to bet he doesn't because even if you're a single guy who isn't at home much, you're not going to like someone taking up residence in your garden and drinking. I'd ask him to put the gate up with a dead bolt. No way anyone's getting past that.

Secondly if the neighbour isn't too bothered, it's still trespassing on private property and you can easily call the police about it to get him moved. Doesn't matter that its not your property.

Exactly what she said! I wouldnt want some random.fella chillen in my yard, drinking with his friends! Thats just.... strange!

Do you have community support officer you could report him to?

Sounds like anti social behaviour to me

How weird that I typed this out and I've just seen this guy.

I've just been to the shop and he was walking out of the alleyway. He asked how long I had left and so I told him and I then said that I'm sorry but I really don't want to breath any smoke in whilst I'm pregnant. He said that he totally agrees and that's why he doesn't smoke near his house because of his 6 children!! (That's ok then, just let everyone else breath it in instead). He then said he would stop going in next doors garden and would just use the alleyway. It will still annoy me him being stood in the alleyway where I can still hear him but I suppose better than nothing.

Good idea, I will ring up tomorrow to see if there is a community officer I can speak to.

I would call te police and say you've seen teenagers storing alcohol in the local bins and you are concerned about anti social behaviour.

When the guy comes back and questions you, you can honestly say the police came round and emptied it all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->