Not sure what do do advice?

Lawa

Reaction score
Hey guys last month we went to see consultant after 3 m/c

She has taken bloods from both me and OH Ranging from hormone test to chromosome tests.

We are due to go back the 7th of June.

My question is would you ttc during this time I am due to ovulate i a couple of weeks and would be due AF on the Sunday and we are going to see the consultant.

I would like to start TTC again but worried I will go and she will say its a chromosome issue and I cant conceive normally?

What would you do chance ttc this month and take the risk s if it is a hormone thing she could start treatment straight away?

I have never caught the first cycle TTC always the second.

What would you do?

Hi Lawa, well...........because i'm on the outside looking in i can say that common sense would tell me too wait, its only one month and you can more than likely begin ttc next cycle safe in the knowledge that your tests came back clear..........but if i were you then i can't say for sure what i'd do, i can imagine i'd be thinking along the lines of what if this month is "the" month etc etc!! Sorry i can't be of more help, best of luck with the test results x :hugs:

Thanks hun xx

I understand that it just seems like such a long way away xx

Hi Lawa, I kind of agree with roonsma on this one, though I know it is easier said than done. In the end, this is really your decision and you need to choose what you are most comfortable with.

After my second mc, I had my first AF 6 weeks later. I had a hysteroscopy at the tail end of that AF where they insert a little camera into the uterus to look for polyps and fibroids. I also had a bunch of bloodwork including the chromosome testing that cycle. I decided to wait until the following month to start trying. It was very hard because my temps looked great and I definitely ovulated. But, I did feel better knowing that I did what I could to prevent another mc.

By the way, all my blood work came back normal including chromosomes. My doctor said it is very rare to have abnormal chromosomes and even if one of you have abnormal ones, it usually takes both parents having the defect to cause the mc. This is extremely rare. I hope everything turns out ok.

xoxo

Thanks heart tree that has given me so much hope x

I am so scaed of going back and them telling me i cant have children x

Hi, I'd say wait but I am not sure I could wait myself so it's easy for everyone else to say. I hope the next 4 weeks or so go quickly until you get your results.

I find out the results of the PM on the 26th and I am scared but I am trying to convince myself that I can deal with the results better than I can deal with the unknown. I have my fingers crossed for you x

Sorry you are going through this, I'm kind of in similar situation myself (Iam waiting for tests though)

Had 3m/c's in 9 months, only ever taken maximum of 3 months to fall pregnant.

However, I decided to carry on TTC while I am waiting for my tests cause like you I thought some things may be treated with medication if you have already fallen pregnant.

I'm not sure how it works if there are chrom abnomalites though. If I was told that was the case and there was no treatment I would personally will carry on trying anyway cause one time you may just get right egg and sperm and things could work out ok. I think I'll carry on TTC forever no matter how much pain we have to go through.

I do feel like if I get preg in meantime and that I have another m/c that certain people will think I am stupid for getting pregnant again.

But then we could wait months for tests and results only to be told that there are no problems and it's just awful bad luck.

x

Its very much your own choice - although i waited cause i was told there at certain issues that have to be treated before you get pg, also they cant test you if you're pregnant. Im glad i did cause i did find a fault that i needed to medicate and before i got pg (underactive thyroid).

At the end of the day, if you feel you can take the chance and the possible fall out, and im not saying that in a critical way just simply stating the obvious, then by all means go for it. I certainly wouldn't blame you for it, having been there myself... :hugs:

Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->