Not sure what to do..

hey hun, only u can answer what u want to do but i think whichever route you take it will be the right thing, alot of people arent being accepted for mortgages at the moment maybe book an appointment with free mortgage advisor and see if u could get one, if not and your going to have to rent anyway then maybe TTc for number 2 now!

Lou
xxx

We have spoke to a mortgage advisor, and all we need is a 20% deposit.. Which is ALOT, but we're 1/4 the way there already.. It seems a shame to not save the 20% deposit while we have the chance, but my body soooo wants another baby.

Do what you really feel deep in your heart is right.
Buying a house is a brilliant idea , but there is alot more money then the deposit that is needed , so it may be longer to wait to ttc , if that is too much to wait i'd consider renting :)
You have plenty of time to buy , as you say you want children to be together in age , your life plans have changed alittle instead of house you have the family first so i would have another LO to complete the first thing you have always wanted. Then the house will be the next one to accomplish!

Always remember , things always have a way to work themselves out , whatever happens was ment to :)

:hugs: to be honest hun, i think you already know what you want. when the feeling is that strong, you cant ignore it. as others have said you need to do what you want and what your hearts telling you to do. if Caitlin would be fine with a new little baby and if Rich would be ok with it, i'd start TTC now hun. I completely understand about wanting to get a house, could you not rent your own place while still saving your deposit. whatever you decide, make sure its whats best for all of you :hugs: xx

:hugs: to be honest hun, i think you already know what you want. when the feeling is that strong, you cant ignore it. as others have said you need to do what you want and what your hearts telling you to do. if Caitlin would be fine with a new little baby and if Rich would be ok with it, i'd start TTC now hun. I completely understand about wanting to get a house, could you not rent your own place while still saving your deposit. whatever you decide, make sure its whats best for all of you :hugs: xx

Well.. We could, but rent here is so bloody expensive there won't be much to save :rofl:

ah :blush:... lol well i guess even saving a teeny bit a month is better than nothing.. grr i hate how complicated these things are!! :hissy:

It isn't like we can't pay back an 100% mortgage either :hissy: The world is so mean..

Hi hun. It's really good that you are trying to rationalise the pros and cons in your head right now but I agree with Booflebump.. wants the point in being sensible if it makes you miserable? As long as you can be comfortable renting then ttc may be more fulfilling? On the other hand my OH and I own our own home and I do love being able to paint walls etc without asking permission from landlords.

Have you worked out the figures of how much money you would be able to save if you did have another baby and start renting a cheap property? I know babies can cost alot but I'm guessing you might have some hand-me-downs from your first LO that would save a little bit.

If you could still save a little bit each month with another baby and just take a few more years to save for own house then maybe that would be a good compromise? Am just trying to find a way that you can have them both lol!

You have a smart head on your shoulders so whatever you decide will be right for you and your child and future children :)
xxx

:hugs: hun. As people have said you just need to do what is best for you.

Buying a house inst the be all and end all. We have two kiddies and we are still only renting. A someone else on here said, maybe think about joining the rent to buy scheme.

We rent our house off my dad and in 5 years ( well 4 now) he is going to put a 10% deposit down for us just so we can get a mortagage and get on the property ladder, so for the next 4 years we're stuck where we are but we really like the area and the house so its good.

Good luck whatever you do hunni and only you can decide no one else :hug: xxx

Like I've been told what feels like almost a million times, there's never a right time!

And as many other girls have said I guess it all comes down to what's most important to you deep down inside, which from you posts sounds like a bubba!

Putting on my 'property development' hat here'..

On the house front, although you may need a 20% deposit it is actually a better time to buy in most respects, as house prices are lower and sellers are getting pretty desperate to move, so more chance of getting yourself a bargain (also due to repos, which normally require some level of modernisation).

Definitely check out the Government led house buy schemes - I have several friends who have applied for and successfully bought homes on extremely good long term rates.

The biggest advantage with owning your own home is security, as no-one can turf you out (well, unless you default obviously). So at least make sure that you have a decent landlord who is easily contactable and reliable - there are a lot of people out there who have jumped on the 'buy-to-let bandwagon', but don't actually want the responsibility of looking after tenants.

Where abouts in the country do you live if you don't mind me asking?

xx

South East, Luton.

The schemes about seem a little 'too good to be true' which makes me warey x

Maybe look at a part-buy scheme. That's what we have done. We pay the mortgage on a 25% share of the house, and rent the rest of the amount.. which works out less than renting for us. Then in a years' time, we can choose to 'up' the share to 50%, 75% or 100%. So we're paying less on a mortgage now, but when we are in a better place financially, and can afford more, we can buy off more of the house. Might be worth looking into. x

Maybe look at a part-buy scheme. That's what we have done. We pay the mortgage on a 25% share of the house, and rent the rest of the amount.. which works out less than renting for us. Then in a years' time, we can choose to 'up' the share to 50%, 75% or 100%. So we're paying less on a mortgage now, but when we are in a better place financially, and can afford more, we can buy off more of the house. Might be worth looking into. x

If you don't mind me asking..

How much are you paying and did it matter which house you pick?

Toria

Honestly ... i think you've already made up your mind, theres just that niggling doubt about getting a house thats stopping you.

Like ive said to you before buying a house is one of the most stressful things you can go through in life, so i dont think doing both at the same time will work.

Every couple is different, what works for one may not work for the other.

But if it were me i would at least entertain the idea of getting you and rich living together for a start. Just so you know how your going to manage going it alone, and then you will be settled ready for LO no2. That doesnt mean you cant TTC whilst doing it. But the rational part of me tells me thats how i would go about things.

It'll all come right in the end whichever route you take :)

Toria

Honestly ... i think you've already made up your mind, theres just that niggling doubt about getting a house thats stopping you.

Like ive said to you before buying a house is one of the most stressful things you can go through in life, so i dont think doing both at the same time will work.

Every couple is different, what works for one may not work for the other.

But if it were me i would at least entertain the idea of getting you and rich living together for a start. Just so you know how your going to manage going it alone, and then you will be settled ready for LO no2. That doesnt mean you cant TTC whilst doing it. But the rational part of me tells me thats how i would go about things.

It'll all come right in the end whichever route you take :)

I would agree with that definitaley. I have to say apart from havign a baby when Matt and I moved in together it was one of the most stressful bits of our relationship and I think (whether you buy or not) you maybe might like to get over that difficult bit before intrudicing something else new iykwim?

Im not being horrible or anything not sure how to word what I mean properly.

Ive never bought a house though so Id imagine doing that would be like a zillion times more stressful.

xxx

But just also wanted to add I totally know what you mean, Im waiting on pg tests back from the Drs and even though I know its not the right time at all Im kind of secretly hoping that there might be another LO in there.

xxx

Is there any way you could borrow some of the deposit off your family and pay them back at the same rate you would be saving it?

Like i said i know of a nice 3 bed house you could buy or possibly rent ;) :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->