Not sure when to start

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
My lo is 4 months now and i am not sure when to start her on baby rice...
She is gaining weight nicely & at night she sleeps from appx 8.30m3.30am and she has been like this for a while now.

The govt guidlelines say 5months so i am tempted to wait till then....
what do u girls think?

Hiya hun the guidelines used to be 4months but now it is 6months. It is advised to wait till 6months however if that is not possible then they usually say the earliest is 4months.

Is your LO bottlefed or Bf? xx

I started Maxim on some baby rice at 3 months but thats due to his slight reflux , then at 4 months i started with some apple sauce and carrots and all is fine .

The best time to wean is when your baby is ready and when you feel the time is right

Ooops is it 6months?? i thought i read 5months for some reason..
My LO was breastfed for 9 weeks but bottle fed after that..

DOn't start until you believe you and your baby are ready :) The guidelines are there to be guidelines - if you want to wait til 6 months then do that :) Nothing says you have to wean early. I am gonna draw it out as long as I can, up to 6 months because bottles are sooo much easier!

the guidelines are chainging so much that I am just going with what I feel Aaron needs

started slight tastes, like rubbing my finger on fruit I was eating and giving him a taste, then tiny bits of baby rice and now he has wee bits of rice, veg or fruit 2/3 times a day.

i am pritty sure the guidlines will change again in a few years time so I wouldn't worry

since the later stage of weaning was introduced allergies seem to be increasing in children so I find I am better listening to advice but listening more to Aaron...

I have just started given my LO a bit of rusk (a quarter) for past couple of days mixed with milk at teatime and he loves it. I dont want to full blow wean him just gradually as with my first child, he was a nightmare weaning, spat it out and even coming on for a year wasnt a good eater, hence why I am starting early but also because my LO is a big baby now 17lb!!! I dont think he will survive on just milk waiting till 6 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->