Not sure where to post this vent...

MaryP

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I am 43 TTC. Mom to an 11 year old. This journey is frustrating... as we all know. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but I can't seem to understand all the women who post that they can't afford to buy a pregnancy test, and they have to wait until a pay check comes in to get one. If you can't afford the test, how can you afford the baby? I'm sure I'm going to get beat up over this one, but i felt compelled to say something. Maybe because I'm an old coot set in my ways who worked hard all of my life and hate seeing so much come out of MY pay check to support some things I don't always agree with :( thanks for letting me vent! and good luck to everyone.

i just wanna say this is not the nicest most supportive post i have seen on this site, i came on this cos of the name of your thread i thought u needed some support.
u do not know peoples circumstances and it is every individuals choice if and when to try to have kids. i have worked all my life and i do not think because someone is unlucky enough to have bad financial circumstances they dont deserve to have kids. there is more to offer children than material things. love is far more important. i thank god can afford to buy the tests and can afford a baby but hve just had a miscarriage . if god forbid we both lost our jobs tomorrow i would still ttc when i can! end of my rant!

I do apogize for your miscarriage. I do not criticize anyone for being financial unfortunate, I just feel that it is a huge financial responsibility, and just personally don't understand how one could afford to properly care for a child when the money isn't there for the prenatal and continued care. It was just my opinion.

It's not just that they "can't" necessarily but there are other things some of us need or choose to spend our money on. I know when we were TTC sometimes it was 2 days until payday and we had gone out and spent more money on date night than we should of so I wasn't going to waste my last dollar on an hpt. I could have gotten one but it didn't seem sensible when I could just wait a couple of days. It's not necessarily that people have no money it's just until you actually fall pregnant you spend your money on other things.

It's not just that they "can't" necessarily but there are other things some of us need or choose to spend our money on. I know when we were TTC sometimes it was 2 days until payday and we had gone out and spent more money on date night than we should of so I wasn't going to waste my last dollar on an hpt. I could have gotten one but it didn't seem sensible when I could just wait a couple of days. It's not necessarily that people have no money it's just until you actually fall pregnant you spend your money on other things.

i agree with darlin
or maybe they dont have the money for repeated tests because they are saving for the baby they are trying for. wasnt trying to be aggressive to u maryp and sorry if it came across like that but your comment could hurt people.

best o luck to all

No, i probably deserved it. I think i've just become a bitter person with all this TTC. Sorry if I offended anyone. Thanks, and GL to you, too.

No, i probably deserved it. I think i've just become a bitter person with all this TTC. Sorry if I offended anyone. Thanks, and GL to you, too.

aw now i feel bad , i know this whole baby making thing is a bi**ch at times, no one prepares you for how hard it can be when it doesnt work out the way we are told it should :) i know i get a slight jealous feeling when i see people who dont even seem to care about their kids popping them out so easy. :wacko: but who am i to judge :winkwink: so maybe u were just thinking along those lines.
best of luck and dont be hard on urself. i know its a cliche and ur prob sick o hearing it but thank god u know u can have a baby, you already have a lovely daughter. good luck hon.

hey mary p havent seen other posts of urs, how r u doin? u feeling better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->