Not sure where to start...

mummyosborne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, this might get a little confusing so ill do my best not to ramble on too much! I just wanted to introduce myself. Ive got two gorgeous kiddies from a previous relationship, (10 and 8) Both were born prematurely (29 weeks and 32 weeks). I starting dating my amazing husband 6 years ago and we got married a few weeks ago. He has a vasectomy that he had done when he was married previously. We have been seriously talking over the last few years about how much we would love to have a child together, we ideally would like it to be biologically both of ours. As far as i can see we have two options, vasectomy reversal and natural conception (providing the reversal is successful) or IVF-ICSI and a surrogate/or carry myself. I love the idea of carry and giving birth to our child, however my beautiful children both have complex medical conditions from being premature and im so worried this would happen again. They have been through so much in their little lives i would hate to put that risk for another child. However this time we know that prematurity is a problem and the doctors could keep a closer eye, maybe a cervical stitch if needed?
Has anyone here gone through surrogacy or IVF-ICSI?

I have not gone through either but wish you all the best.

I do plan to ask the doctor to assist the sperm in getting into the egg with age. I just fear my eggs aren't all that welcoming to sperm.

I understand your concern with giving birth prematurely. I have to have a cerclage or I will give birth before 22wks every time. We caught it the second time and that pregnancy is 11 years old and doing better than expected. She is autistic but high Functioning.

I really hope all goes well with the reversal. Keep us posted [-o<

Hi, I am sorry you are going throught this. The treatment also depends on the reason why you gave birth prematurely. If genetics is the issue, you might consider undergoing IVF PGS NGS or IVF PGD One to have a healthy baby.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending best wishes and good luck <3

I've done ivf with icsi 7 times now. Happy to help with any questions about it you may have!

Thank you all for your replies! When I was pregnant with my daughter, I unfortunately got an infection which led to me dilating to 1 cm and she kicked her little foot through, weakening my cervix. So when i was pregnant with my son i didn't go into labour i just started dilating, i was on bed rest and managed to keep him in for another 2 weeks however i was already 3 cm with bulging waters before they knew. Im hoping if i was lucky enough to get pregnant again they would keep a closer eye on me and notice before my cervix had too much chance to dilate? or maybe im being over optimistic!

I've done ivf with icsi 7 times now. Happy to help with any questions about it you may have!

Thank you so much, can i ask what the procedures were like for both you and your partner? Im still very new to the whole concept!

Thank you so much, can i ask what the procedures were like for both you and your partner? Im still very new to the whole concept!
Of course! My husband got the easy end of everything so I'll go with him first. He had two semen analysis and they came back in normal ranges, though just barely normal on morphology. Until the day of my retrieval he didn't have to do anything else.
For me, it was a week or so (don't remember how long honestly) of shots to help stimulate eggs. That was monitored via ultrasound every other day so they could tweak my med dosage as needed. The day of retrieval they put me under and had my husband go provide his sample at the same time. After that It was waiting to see how many fertilized, higher numbers obviously with the added icsi, and then how many progressed to day 5. My clinic strictly does frozen transfers so from there I had to wait about a month to allow my body to heal from everything. Then it was 3 months of meds to prep me again and transfer day. Totally awake for that but with a full bladder. Once the transfer was done I had to lay with my bottom elevated for an hour, finally got to use the bathroom, and that was that. I continued my medicine as if I were pregnant and then after 9 days went in for a blood test. I start testing the day after like a crazy person though so I always knew what those blood tests would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->