Not telling anyone that I'm in labour?

oh i forgot to say, just cause you tell someone you have gone into labour i dont see why they then have the right to come to the hospital and visit, i mean for a normal labour your only in for like a night if that, so whats the point unless its your mum dad or sister who else needs to come see u apart from your partner , some people just dont get it do they....

With my first we dindn't tell anyone just rang after i had him, But this time my dad had to know caz he was looking after LO but again no-one else knew til she was born x

I don't know why you'd tell anyone else. We're unplugging the phones when I go into labour.

I don't think it's selfish or rude at all to not tell anyone when your in labour. I personally don't even want to tell people after i've had her for a while. I would rather spend the time bonding with my baby and not chasing after my phone or having friends/ unnecessary family barging in.

Maybe you could get someone to ring the day after you've had Penelope (really glad you've gone back to your original name and not been put off by people, it's lovely!) and just say you're not allowed visitors?

Whatever way you do it, people aren't going to be annoyed, they'll be too happy cooing over your beautiful daughter x

:hug:

This is true. I warned my family at the dinner table last night that if they breathe a word that I'm in labour to a single soul, I'm locking down my hospital room!! :rofl:

Its just my moment with my daughter and I don't want people intruding

Not selfish at all!
When I go into labour you girls will know,my sister and her OH,my best friends and of course Nathan.But I don't have much extended family anyway (I mean I do,but they are very far)
As for just friends and family friends,they'll find out once I'm out of the hospital and home with my girl for at least a week!

We didn't tell anyone apart from most of the world on BabyandBump :blush: but we text them when she arrived.

Hiya

my dh and I are going to be the only ones to know, as my mother worrys for England!!

I have lots of friends who sent out an email birth announcement with all the details and a polite request that they would be happy to welcome visitors at such and such a date. It was a great way to answer all the questions and set boundaries regarding visitors.
Also, you can delegate some of this info sharing - it makes grandparents, close friends, etc feel honoured and important if they are put in charge of calling with the announcement.

just say it happened so fast u couldnt call anyone!

Nooooooooooooo, I think you should do what's right for you babe.

You're right, people will sit there getting excited for you and maybe texting to see how you're going. It's only coz they care and will be giddy and need to know what to rush to the shops and buy for you but if you don't want the hassle....nah, don't tell anyone:hugs:

Just tell them that you were a bit erm "busy" or that :hugs:your battery was dead on your mobile:blush:

Good luck chick:hug:

I think it is perfectly reasonable. For me, as I live in another state, it will help deter most people from rushing to the hospital on my C-Section date. It will only be my OH, my mom and my sister there for the duration of the day, and I've asked my father and his wife and son to stay away until late afternoon so I have some time to get settled, etc. Everyone else can come visit when I go to stay with my Mom, who lives in the same state as everyone who will want to come. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->