Not waking to feed

lau86

Reaction score
My baby is nearly 3 weeks old and has caught a cold. Since yesterday he is not waking up to feed, I had to wake him at 6pm and 10pm and he has gone all night without a feed, I've just woken him at 6.00. He's coughing and sneezing and is really snuffly. Should I take him to the doctors or just wake him more regularly?
When I wake him he doesn't seem to like it and gets very windy. Before this he would go 3-4 hours between feeds. Up to now he was gaining weight well (birth weight 7lb11 and last weight in at 2 weeks 8lb 3)
He is still having wet nappies but I would say dirty ones are decrease slightly...
Any advice?

I had this recently. General advice is if they are feeding less than half the amount they used to then take them to the drs. Or if your overly concerned. Trust your instincts. My lo was feeding less, needed waking to feed, then started to sound wheezy. Was glad I took him to the drs as he had bronchiolitis.

Thanks, the thing is when I wake him he will feed but then this morning has brought quite a lot back. I'm just not sure what the doctor can do for him, I took my eldest son last week as he had a horrendous cough and temp of 39.5 (last time he was like that he had tonsillitis and needed antibiotics), and the dr said it was viral this time and to ride it out. So I suspect the little one has just caught it. I am always worried that they will think I'm really neurotic or something!

I'm the same, I thought they'd send me away with a telling off as he had a cold. With very young ones tho they like to check their oxygen levels and feeding, as a couple of days not feeding properly will really affect their weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->