Not wanting to wait

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by posh, Oct 22, 2008.

1. posh

posh Mummy of an angel

Hi girls! :hi:
    Me and my Hubby had put off TTC till next year for a number of reasons, my sis was getting married (now been postponed) and we have money problems. The problem is that now one of our reasons has been eliminated, I sooo want to start TTC again, but part of me thinks it would be sensible to wait until our money troubles have gotten easier - this could take years tho! :cry:
    I don't know what to do, we have talked about this and my OH doesn't mind what we do, he just says that its up to me!!
    ARRRRRGGGGHHHH, what would you guys do? :dohh:

2. Jessa

Jessa Guest

Of course, there's no way for me to know the specifics of your "money troubles", but if you wait for a right time, it'll never come. There will always be something to wait for: more money in the bank, fewer debts, a bigger house, a different job, etc, etc, etc. The best advice my Mom gave me when we were starting to think about TTC was that you just have to trust that you'll find a way and go for it. Of course, after having said that, it's still a very personal decision that only you can make. Good luck!

3. jen1604

jen1604 Well-Known Member

I would go for it.Like the lady above says if you wait for the right time itll never come xx

4. Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes Preparing

:hi: GO FOR IT!

Simple! You can't live your life waiting for other people because you'll be waiting a life time, and honestly no matter how much money we have/save we'll always need/want more. Go for it and enjoy it! :D

:hug:

5. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

Without more details (which I don't expect you to give) it is difficult to say - but if it is managable then go for it

6. Schmelly

Schmelly Regaining my life...

I agree with Jessa. If you wait for the right time (financially), you'll never have kids. Good luck :hug:

7. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

I agree with what everyone else has said about finances. If it's possible then go for it :)

8. Waitingtobump

Waitingtobump Not trying,not preventing

I agree, I think if you can do it then go for it! Finances will always get in the way no matter what, I am trying to convince the fiance of the same thing so if you can go for it DO!

9. honeybunch2k7

honeybunch2k7 Well-Known Member

IA-there's never going to be a perfect time.

10. Sambatiki

Sambatiki Finally a Mummy!!

If we waited for the perfect time WTT would be full. DF and I are trying and we know things are going to be tight but a few cut backs here and there we'll be just fine. GOOD LUCK!

11. posh

posh Mummy of an angel

Hi girls, a little update. After having a good ole chat we have decided that we will TTC once I have finished my pack of BCP (which will be mid november)!
    I am sooooo scared, but really excited!!

Woooohooooo!! :happydance:

12. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Aww hun thats brilliant news!
    Remember its a whole 9 months till the LO will be here so thats time to perhaps have a clear out and make a bit of money and save money which might help. I cant ttc for a long time yet so when i get in the 'baby mood' i put a bit of money in a jar knowing one day it will come in very handy.
    All the best Sar

13. Waitingtobump

Waitingtobump Not trying,not preventing

Yay hun thats great to hear! Sending lots of baby dust your way!

14. honeybunch2k7

honeybunch2k7 Well-Known Member

15. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

Posh, I know how you feel hun. I had to wait 3 years before TTC. It's really hard to say what you should do. If a baby would be manageable right now then talk to OH about going for it. Good Luck.