||November 2011 Mummies :D || Parenting and Life Discussion!

hooray for November, at my appt yesterday the dr reported my cervix was very soft and I was 1-2 cm dialated-Im 38 weeks -so I came home and hard core cleaned trying to get thiings moving but no signs-still waiting-hope you are all well !!! Happy your month!!

Bumping this up ladies! Now a parenting thread, woohoo!

How's every ones LO's doing? Naomi is doing great, just thinking about starting weaning, she'll be 6 months on the 19th (wow where has the time gone?!) she's still EBF :)

Hey girls :)

Oh Sarah don't quit! I know that sounds harsh, but 6 months is only the beginning.I'd KILL to still be EBF but the doctors had other ideas. Kezzy is 6 months on the 15th (Naomi was born on her due date :haha: ) I miss the newborn stage, Kezzy is much to independent and we have our first cold! :cry:

I miss all you girls, that's why I bumped this, because I never see you around.

I stopped bf at three months because my birth control dried up all my milk. I was never informed of that happening. I had a plan to stop breast feeding when lo was 8 months. But so much for that idea.

Sorry this thread has been moved back to it's original forum.

We do not move threads across the forum and I have already been pulled up "why were they allowed and I wasn't" the simple answer is it was moved in error by a moderator and it's the same rule for everyone ... when journeys move on you create new groups in the relevant areas. Pregnancy stays in pregnancy, parenting in parenting, etc.

I didn't mean quit, I meant weaning her on solids, :) we'll carry on breast feeding unroll she decides not to!

:)

Weaning means to remove milk in it's actual version, sorry for misinterprating it. If I was still breastfeeding bubs wouldn't have gotten solids until atleast 10 months but sadly that didn't work.

Solids is play food, it's not even nutriently needed until after a year :)

Sorry I just think that's such a strange thing to say, as you can't specify when your baby is going to be ready to start weaning, as it's when yor baby is ready, not you.

And yes, it is just about playing and exploring, but by this do you mean you wouldn't offer anything at all untill 10 months? As how would she play if she wast given the opportunity?

Naomi isn't quite 6 months yet, she's 6 months on 19th so a few days short, but she's ready, so I've began offering things to her, and she loves it

:shrug: it's up to you. Personally if I was still breastfeeding she wouldn't have solids until then. As it is, I don't want her having them but pushy pushy people around me -sigh-. She plays, with many things.

freya has been having solids since 17weeks and very happy about it lol

They have to be introduced to solids, they can't live on just milk, it is just a guide line, but babies show signs for readiness about this age, each to their own, but surely waiting for your Baby to decide web she's ready is a little more sensible than stating not before a specific age - never seen that before

I don't want to destroy her virgin gut more than has already happened. The only reason for introducing solids is iron, and eating more iron yourself can rectify it. I dunno, just my personal way and she is not ready for solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->