November 2012 Due Dates

my little boy will be named Murray (after my mothers maiden name)

no middle name for now, might be my maiden name..

hope everyone celebrating fathers day has a great one!! im ready to eat haha

So exciting Mrs!!! I'm jealous you already have a name picked out!

We've had his name picked out since I was around 5 weeks pregnant!!! :haha: I just started throwing names out and "Davis" stuck! We both loved it :) and Rock was my grandfather's name.

Congrats Mrs! What a handsome fella.

Loving the 'celeb' names as well as the more real ones. Table-spoon Gasson!! lol!

YAY! Congrats Mrs on the boy!!! Woohooo!!!! Love the name, too :)

Speaking of fabulous and strange celeb names....my sister suggested "Dandy" today....because our last name is "Lyon" (as in it would read 'dandelion'). I actually groaned out loud when I read her text lol. She's preggo with her third right now (36 weeks) and she loves messing with me!

I so agree with your sister Halftyme!! Love the idea of Dandy!! haha

Starting to feel a little worried...still no movement here :( I'm 19 weeks today...next appt is on Wed for my 20 week ultrasound and dr appt...I'm scared!

Anyone decided/started on their nursery theme yet? Post pictures if you can :)

MommyH, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as the heartbeat has been strong and the doctors aren't worried then all should be fine. Do you have a doppler for reassurance?

We've been thinking about the nursery but haven't actually started working on it yet! I love the grey bold patterns, but want to accent with bright bold colors so we were thinking royal blue and orange accents. I don't have a "theme" in mind necessarily, just the colors. My mother in law is going to make the bedding for us, so I was going to take extra bits of fabric and have them framed as the wall decor. Can't decide yet if I want to get actual block letters for his name above the crib, or if I want to get a bold vinyl decal.

we're doing a jungle animal theme in our nursery. i know it's so...overdone...but i can't help it. those stupid jungle animals are just so darn cute. we've purchased our crib bedding, yellow paint, and a wallpaper border. as soon as we're done clearing the room out (it used to be our 3rd guestroom), dh and dad are going to paint and put up the border. i know we're a little early, but i'd really like to get the nursery mostly done before i go back to work in august.

Baby Room.jpg
We don't really have a "theme" but just loved the colors in this. The only thing we are having to do is get some things for the wall.

I have an ultrasound this evening! :)

we're doing a jungle animal theme in our nursery. i know it's so...overdone...but i can't help it. those stupid jungle animals are just so darn cute. we've purchased our crib bedding, yellow paint, and a wallpaper border. as soon as we're done clearing the room out (it used to be our 3rd guestroom), dh and dad are going to paint and put up the border. i know we're a little early, but i'd really like to get the nursery mostly done before i go back to work in august.

We're going jungle too...just too cute and i think good for team yellow! Mind you our room is blue/grey and that'll be girl or boy, it's not boyish blue to be honest so fine. Just also need some curtains to go over the venetian blinds and a cute light shade!

Starting to feel a little worried...still no movement here :( I'm 19 weeks today...next appt is on Wed for my 20 week ultrasound and dr appt...I'm scared!

Anyone decided/started on their nursery theme yet? Post pictures if you can :)

I don't feel our baby girl yet either. I hit 20 weeks yesterday. I found out in my last US that the placenta is anterior so that is probably why. The midwife said don't worry about it. She said I may not feel anything until 22 weeks. I *thought* I felt something yesterday, but it just was once and I haven't felt a thing since except painful feelings. I know the baby's movements aren't supposed to cause you pain this early.
Nursery... Well... We are currently looking for a house to buy. I'm on the fence about just staying in the rental house we are in now and forgoing moving until we have to move for a better school system. But it would be better if we could get in at a low level during the current housing market climate. We have been burned very badly on our current home that we own but rent out. We were plan ing on buying something less expensive and short selling the house we own (that is now a 7 hour drive from my husband's current job). It's really stressful to look for houses and see crap though since that's all we can seem to afford. I've been stalling on the nursery because I don't want to have to redo it if we end up moving. And we have borrowed a crib from someone. I'm grateful to not have to purchase one, but it is red and we are having a girl. I don't know what to do with that. Any ideas? My parents have a changing table for us, it's antique and just regular wood color. Maybe a cherry stain for an idea of how dark it is. We need to get a dresser, but my mom is addicted to antiques and she will probably find one for us. I'm more concerned about pulling all of that together. I've never been much of a decorator. :dohh: I would love to have a glider to nurse in. That may be my big splurge. A friend is letting me use her breast pump. I still need to do some research to find out if that is ok. She assured me that it was.

Viking - if you have a red crib maybe you could do a ladybug theme? Black red and white??

Congrats on all the new gender announcements! Those of you who wait are absolute saints. I couldn't imagine not being able to refer to her as my girl!

...and I have been able to feel her kick me since I was 15 weeks. Everyone kept telling me that it was just ligament pain, blah blah. I had my high def ultrasound and I could see her kick me while I felt it. I talked to my new doc about it and she said that everyone feels it differently and may not know that it's the baby. I also have very sensitive system as I get fairly sharp pains when I ovulate as well. Who knows.

Decorating! So fun! We are short on space, so my office is also baby's room. It's already gray and has black shelving with metal accents. We went back to Ikea last week and bought the really dark dresser and crib to match. I bought a metal lamp with a pink shade and it is very clear to me that we are going to need a lot of pink for the wall above the crib! All the bedding will be crazy pink as well. I'll be registering for that, so it will be a couple months before we have it, if people buy it for us that is.

I have a question for everyone! Are you have showers and if so, when?

I am having more showers than I would like. I live in a different town than where I grew up so I'm having a shower in my hometown and 2 in my current city (because my sister desparately wants to throw a couples shower and my MIL's friends refuse to take no for an answer). I appreciate the gesture, I just know it's going to be exhausting. The first one is in late September and the other two are in October.

I won't be having a shower this time around, since I just had one a year ago and don't really need much. I'd hate to be seen as the greedy type. I get the feel that my husband's family is the kind that would have something to say about such a thing.

I believe I was about 31-32 weeks when I had my shower. I think a lot of people have theirs a bit later, but my SIL really wanted to do it, and that's when she was in town.

havent felt baby and very nervous. no doppler for reinsurance either.. makes me stressed... really wish my ultrasound wasnt cancelled the day off.. this is killing me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->