November 2012 Due Dates

MommaBarry-So sorry:( :hugs: Hope it all works itself out and you have an okay week without your honey. I couldn't imagine. How sweet that he rubs your back for you every night! :)
Mrs-Love all of it! :)

love the bedding mrs!.... love www.babybedding.com... carousal designs is always a good choice. they have great products!!!! i think i'm getting two nice pairs of sheets there and then cheaper back ups..

I am obsessed with that site! My mother in law is a great seamstress, so she's going to make the bedding to look just like the picture. We're ordering the fabrice from the site though. I can't wait for her to get started!! We ordered the crib last night and I'm ordering our rocking chair tomorrow! I can't wait to start putting it all together :) DH is ready to start painting the nursery now, so it looks like he'll be a big help while I'm trying to get everything together :)

sounds great... which i could sew! my mom sort of can but things come out a bit off sometimes haha

Sooo after reading a post from someone about how they are going to do their gender announcement by putting colored filling in chocolate cupcakes, you know what I thought to myself? "Man! I want a cupcake!"

LOL.

I don't have cake mix (or frosting) here at home, but I did have brownie mix so you know... next best thing. :) Can't wait for them to cool down enough to eat! Yumm!

I'm not one for announcing gender in any special way. I can't contain myself, it just goes straight to facebook! What about the rest of you? Any of you done interesting gender reveals (or plan to)?

Aw, MommaBarry - I understand how you feel. My DH also gets short notice for out of town trips (he's gone for 1-2 weeks at a time every month or so, so it's not too terrible), but I know that it can cause a lot of stress when it's really short notice. Hugs to you!!

I think we've officially picked our bedding!! YIPPEE!! I'm really drawn to bright colors (I love green & blue), so natrually that's what I've been looking at for the nursery. Originally I wanted to do gray walls, but we have tan trim throughout our house and gray would clash which would mean we'd have to paint the trim too, which would just be a hassle, so we've decided to incorporate the gray in the bedding and paint the walls a pale aqua. Here's what we're thinking:

https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/nursery.png
(this is not our house. It's from babybedding.com and you can change the color of the walls, trim, carpet, etc.)

And this is the decal I was planning on putting above the crib:

https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/DavisDecal.png

Where did you find this bedding?? Love!!!

Sooo after reading a post from someone about how they are going to do their gender announcement by putting colored filling in chocolate cupcakes, you know what I thought to myself? "Man! I want a cupcake!"

LOL.

I don't have cake mix (or frosting) here at home, but I did have brownie mix so you know... next best thing. :) Can't wait for them to cool down enough to eat! Yumm!

I'm not one for announcing gender in any special way. I can't contain myself, it just goes straight to facebook! What about the rest of you? Any of you done interesting gender reveals (or plan to)?

You sound like me! I just put a picture on facebook and said its a girl! Or text everyone something clever :) My husbands cousin is due a month after me and sent out announcemnts! The pictures were of them opening a box and blue balloons were coming out of it. It was very cute!

Where did you find this bedding?? Love!!!

@cavalley go to babybedding.com it is a carousal design.. they are great there!!

Thank you CAValleygirl! :) Wishful is right - it's from babybedding.com. I "made" it. (You can customize your own bedding and either order from them, or order the fabric from the site and have someone make it for you). Be warned... you'll spend hours perfecting your creation!! :) It's so addicting and fun!

This is completely off-topic, but I just read this and had to share it! It kind of blew my mind! I'm still not sure how someone could completely miss 9 months of being pregnant, but I guess everyone is different!

https://living.msn.com/family-parenting/journey-into-mommyhood/article?cp-documentid=33453377

I love to watch that show I didnt know I was pregnant. I often laughed at the thought of how a women could be so obliviouse that she wouldnt know. Until a girl I knew had it happen to her. She went to the ER having back pain so severe she couldnt walk. She was a small girl too. Thats were she discovered she was in labor. The only explanation they have was that the baby somehow grew outside the uterus and in her back?!? Still has my mind boggled but she and baby are healthy. One heck of a story for sure

Im having such a hard time trying to find the perfect girl name for our little lady. At first we were going with Madilyn but the thought of her being called maddy makes me think of a wet smelly dog. And the first time we mentioned it to his mother that was the first words out of her mouth as her nickname. Not to mention according to the recent social security poll its becoming increasingly popular.
We know we want Jane as a middle name (after my mother and fav book Jane Ere) but it has to sound good with her last name and not sound silly. Her last name will be Barry. My family has already joked about her first name being straw, rasp, candy, mary, and dingle :dohh: I am leaning towards 3 syllable names so that syllable wise it goes 3, 1, 2 when saying her full name which seems to flow. I know we have plently of time to figure it out, but I get tired of people asking me what her name is going to be and all I have is a shrug of the shoulders.
Any reccomendations??

The first 3 syllable name that comes to mind is Elizabeth... Elizabeth Jane Barry.

Lauren Jane Barry is also a good name :) (Lauren is my first name ;) - Although it's not 3 syllables)
Or Jessica Jane Barry... Evelyn Jane Barry? Brittany Jane Barry? Juliet Jane Barry? Bethany Jane Barry? My name selection might be getting a little "older" now...

what about addison, abigail, rebecca (i'm a bit partial to that one :haha:), natalie, jessica?

MommaB -- I have the same exact problem with Madeleine as well....I really just don't like Maddy for a nickname....I've thought of Lynn or Adel as a nickname, but still have a hard time with it. I'm not sure it will make a difference, as the first word out of everyone's mouth we've told is "Maddy" :\.

What about Diana Barry? (are you an Anne of Green Gables person? lol) Diana Jane Barry.....actually sounds lovely! I think Evelyn and Elizabeth as Mrs suggested are just beautiful as well...works really well with your last name I think!

Ooh. I have wanted to use the name Rebekah, but hubby vetoed it. I love it spelled that way. It's not the expected typical way, but not "made up" either (it's in the bible).

Other ideas:
Eleanor Jane Barry (you could call her Elle, Ella, Ellie, Nora, Lenore...)
Mackenzie Jane Barry
Annaliese Jane Barry
Annabelle Jane Barry (this might sound odd with your last name)
Jasmine Jane Barry (I know it's 2 syllables, but it's sticking out in my head)
Erika Jane Barry
Susannah Jane Barry
Aurelia Jane Barry
Amelia Jane Barry
Olivia Jane Barry
Vanessa Jane Barry
Nicolette Jane Barry

I could probably go on but I'll stop there.

AH! Names!

We've had a really hard time with this one. We were convinced it was a boy and had decided on Max. Now that it's a girl, we've been through two books and countless websites and after deleting the top 50 names, we're down to one. Still have to do some looking around as we want to be sure, but we are 80% sure that our girl will be Amara. I don't know anyone named Amara and I am hoping that it would give her a unique identity. No idea what the middle name is going to be as I both grandmas would be hurt if we picked one over the other.

Some other names that we had thought about: Amelia, Abigail, Maya, Zoey, Alice, Isla, Alexa, Sasha and Hey You.

I don't know the grandmas' names, but is there any way to combine them Stephers? Amara is a beautiful name!

LOL @ Hey You.

i love the name Amara...its beauitiful and unique.. and thats y i choose my daughers name Aaryella because it was beautiful and unique!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->