November 2012 Due Dates

I've been wondering if anyone else was suffering from back pain. Mrs. 326, what kind of back pain do you have? Mine is middle back pain and seems to be related to the weight gain. Once my bump started poking out it started. It hurts when I sit the most. However, standing doesn't seem to help either. Driving seems to aggravate it the most. I bought a brace from BrU and it does help a little bit. I wore it on my walk with the dog yesterday morning and it helped with the lower belly pain I have been getting without wearing anything. I like to spend a lot of time laying in bed. But I've had a bad cold for a week so that might also play into that particular preference. I hope my cold gets better soon. I'm really knackered and must go back to work on Thursday... One more day to recover.

Viking - my back hurts mostly in my sacroiliac joint on my left side (where your hip meets your tail-bone). I don't know if he's sitting on a nerve or if it's the extra weight, but it hurts to sit, stand, bend, roll, etc. I've always had lower back pain (I fractured the heck out of my lumbar spine/sacrum when I was a cheerleader in college), so I expected it, but not quite so early. DH has been busy with the massages and I take warm baths most nights to help out. It's "mild" compared to some of the other back pain I've endured throughout my life, but more consistent... hoping it doesn't get much worse!

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad! Hopefully one more day of rest will do the trick.

I have been experiencing pain in my hips, tail bone, and lower back as well. This is most of the reason I have been unable to work. Im not sure if it's related to the fall I had at work when I was 8 weeks pregnant, or the pregnancy itself progressing. Since they couldnt xray me after the fall, I will never be able to prove it one way or another.
It's so bad that they keep insisting I take vicoden and muscle relaxers. I however will not take the muscle relaxer and have only taken half a vicoden. I just feel guilty taking those types of drugs although the doctors insist they are safe.

Hang in there Viking. I remember middle back pain with my son and its soo miserable. Its hard to find any relief. Like Mrs said, if you can have your hubby give you a good run down, it will at least take some of the misery away.

I, too, am experiencing low back pain and hip pain. It hurts to basically do anything. I can't stand for a long time, I can't sit for a long time, when I roll over in bed it hurts so bad! So, yeah...I sure hope it doesn't get worse.
What other things are you ladies experiencing?

Well... since we're venting about our ailments :)

Does anyone else's belly button hurt?? Sometimes I get shooting pains from my belly button... also, the round ligament pain seems to be getting much worse... my lower belly hurts a lot these days, and I don't know if he's kicking me but it will come on very suddenly where I have to stop and grab my belly. DH gets super concerned when I stop in my tracks and make a loud "ARGH!" sound, LOL!

Ok seeing that we are venting about aches and pains ... here it comes ...

I suffer with coccydenia! have for the last 3 years and unfortunately the only pain relief that actually works for me I cant get as I'm preggers!! I usually go every 6 - 9 months for a ganglion impar nerve block (long term epidural under anaesthetic and xray!)
Sitting is a pain the butt :haha: (excuse the weak humour!) Everyone thinks sitting on a soft chair actually helps - NOT!!!! And being a teacher I cant standing all day! Have to work with small groups at their desks.
The pain was so bad last night I actually considered calling my GP - but know that is useless as all the painkillers we have tried didnt touch sides!
Considering going private to have coccyx removed as NHS are not willing to remove it!
GGGRRRRRR Just 6 weeks till private health care kicks in! Then I will be seeking private advice!

Other than that I am pretty healthy! Have never felt healthier actually!

my hips KILL when i sleep. i'm fine when sitting/standing/walking, but once i've been laying down for awhile, it's just awful! goodbye, sleep! i thought we had a few months left together! :haha:

other than that, i feel great! school's out until mid-august and i'm done with grad school, so my house is sparkly clean and i've been taking hour-long walks every day!

my hips KILL when i sleep. i'm fine when sitting/standing/walking, but once i've been laying down for awhile, it's just awful! goodbye, sleep! i thought we had a few months left together! :haha:

other than that, i feel great! school's out until mid-august i'm done with grad school, so my house is sparkly clean and i've been taking hour-long walks every day!

Jealous Bexx!! :) Your summer sounds delightful (not the hip pain :( )! I bet that walking is helping with your hip pain though -- I think exercise really makes a difference. Good for you!

Wow, I am sorry everyone is in pain, but it does make me feel better that I'm not alone. I have felt like I big whiner. I complain a lot to my poor DH. I'll say, "Gosh, why does my back hurt so badly?". And he'll say, "Because you are pregnant.". It makes me laugh, but I really have been thinking I'm a big wuss. Pregnancy is no joke. I don't understand people who say they love being pregnant. They must be nutters.
I went thru a period when I have bad hip pain but it has gotten much better since my belly popped out. The sciatica pain was really bad too. But once my belly started expanding outward that got better. However, that is when the middle back pain began.

y back has started to hurt too :( I was okay until the other day and picked up my youngest and then couldn't walk properly cause it hurt so much. I remember this pain being pregnant and after with my 2nd and he was massive so it worries me a bit lol

Wow, I am sorry everyone is in pain, but it does make me feel better that I'm not alone. I have felt like I big whiner. I complain a lot to my poor DH. I'll say, "Gosh, why does my back hurt so badly?". And he'll say, "Because you are pregnant.". It makes me laugh, but I really have been thinking I'm a big wuss. Pregnancy is no joke. I don't understand people who say they love being pregnant. They must be nutters.
I went thru a period when I have bad hip pain but it has gotten much better since my belly popped out. The sciatica pain was really bad too. But once my belly started expanding outward that got better. However, that is when the middle back pain began.

Ive said thee same thing about people who claim to love being pregnant! My sil said that people say that to fool themselves into another child! No big issues over here, just a bit of tailbone angst and baby girl kicking a tad too harshly!

here is the mobile i made my son! think it turned out alright.. my cats seem to enjoy it lol

Attachments

• mobile.jpg
    mobile.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
  • nug.jpg
    nug.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
Love it wishful!!!

Speaking of pain, I had said the other day I started to have some braxton hicks. Well this evening I was sitting on the sofa finishing up some homework when all of a sudden my abdomen got really tight on the right side. I figured it was another braxton but upon standing the pain intesified that I actually had to stop and felt like i was going to be sick. I couldnt even touch the right side of my stomach is hurt so bad like a real contraction. The pain eased up after a minute but it remained achy/menstal like, coming in waves for a good 30 minutes. Reluctently I took half a vicoden and a warm bath. It seems to have helped but I have never had that happen before. Anyone else?

mommabear that happened to me... drinking water helped so i think i was dehydrated a bit. it was VERY hot that day.

Skweek - your pain sounds awful!! So sorry you can't find relief while pregnant, hopefully private care will give you an opportunity to find a permanent fix!

Wishful - I love the mobile! Good work :)

As for the pain - the best thing DH and I did in the past year was buying a tempurpedic bed... The only time I'm truly comfortable is when I lay down (even when I'm on my side, which usually killed me - even before pregnancy - because I've always had "larger" hips). If you're in a position where you can afford one, I say GO FOR IT! It definitely was a splurge, but I'm so glad we have one now. Truly a life saver during pregnancy. Unfortunately that's the only relief I have at this point since Tylenol doesn't work for me. My doc also suggested visiting a chiropractor, so that may be my next move if the pain gets worse.

BUT - Like I said before, I will gladly endure any pain for this little baby!! However, I will be extremely happy when he's finally in my arms and not causing physical stress on my body :haha:

The docs office just called about my leave paper work and they want me to either see a chiropractor, or start physical therapy for the pain ive been in. I am no a fan of the chiropractor. Does anyone else see one while their pregnant?

And wishful, when the nurse called I asked her about the braxton and the pain and she said the exact same thing. The heat and water. She said they have had alot of women calling in about braxtons since it got hotter here. I think mine have more to do with the water. I admit I do not drink enough.

I've seen my chiropractor about once a month this pregnancy as my right hip likes to go out of place at times. Its amazing the relief it brings. :thumbup:

You guys aren't going to hurt me if I say I'm one of those women who love being pregnant, are you? :haha: I get the occasional aches and pains, even had some trouble with SPD in my second pregnancy. And yes, I'm also one of those annoying people who don't really have morning sickness.

silver- I had the worst morning sickness this time around and I STILL love being pregnant! i love everything about it LOL. Each pregnancy I have had has been the best times of my life. And the real thing that will make people think i am crazy, I loved labor and delivery. With both my older girls, I had no epi, no pain meds at all. Both my labors were close to 20 hours long, and I can't wait to do it again with this baby. Its so special to me:) I've been called a birthing junkie bahaha! Each time changed me and matured me in ways i could have never imagined. So no, i wont hate you, just as long as you wont call me crazy:winkwink::winkwink:

Every woman feels differently about pregnancy and birth. I think we should celebrate every mother, even if she didn't exactly love the experience:)

Silver -- good for you for enjoying it! Don't hate you at all!! Nice to hear someone is having an easy pregnancy :) I'm told each one is different, so maybe next time mine will be easier!

Bug -- wow, that is inspiring! That is the kind of memory I would like of my birthing experience! It IS a special experience that only women can have, and it's so different from one person to the next....I want to embrace it instead of fearing it. It's so refreshing to hear such a positive experience from someone, I guess all everyone shares is just the horrific stuff.

MommaB -- I have to say, I'm a big fan of chiropractic care. If you think about it, it really makes sense that it would help -- with all the changes our bodies are going through, it seems perfectly normal that things would go out of alignment (and even moreso if you've had the problems you've had at work with falling etc...) I haven't been yet during pregnancy, but my sister did with all of hers and said it was just a life saver. If I remember correctly, I think that's actually the ONLY time she's ever gone to a chiro, was when she was preggo. If my back pain gets bad enough I probably will go, I'm just trying to hold out as long as possible/avoid yet another copay.

Just got back from my ultrasound. We are Team :pink:

Ultrasound also showed a choroid plexus cyst. No other concerns pointing toward trisomy, but opted to do the Quad screen which I initially declined. Hoping that the results aren't worrisome. DH and I are planning to have another ultrasound at 28 weeks to hopefully confirm the cyst has resolved.

I know the chances are extremely unlikely that this cyst really MEANS anything, but please keep me/baby in your thoughts?

Name is most likely Vanessa... middle name pending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->