November 2012 Due Dates

wow! another girl!!!! congrats, bookity!!!!

i hate to say it, but i guess i'm just totally weird. i absolutely love being pregnant. this is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. aside from being insanely tired at the beginning and being a bit sore now, i freakin love this. we'll see if i change my tune during 3rd tri! :haha:

Congrats on the girl bookity! I'm sure all will be fine with the tests, but I'll keep you in my thoughts all the same :)

Congrats on your little girl bookity! And I'm sure all teh tests will come out fine! :) Lovely name too

We have our heart scan tomorrow .... trying NOT to think about it, but getting more and more nervous

Woohoo!! Congrats on the girl Bookity! You're in my thoughts for good outcomes on the tests. I hope everything will be fine! (still scary though!)

Congrats bookity!!!

I have to agree with Bex I like being preggo!!!

I had no morning sickness the only thing I had was sore really sore breast and now my lower back been killing me along with heartburn...

I also love being pregnant, despite the physical stress... feeling him move is down right amazing! I can't imagine trading this feeling for the world :)

Holy cow, baby is moving a lot today! Started with the ultrasound, I could see her punching/kicking me while I felt it. Even saw my tummy jump while we were waiting for the OB to come in and confirm the tech's measurements. The OB noted that her feet are RIGHT on my cervix, so that makes the twinges I've felt down there make a LOT of sense! Now I'm feeling all sorts of kicks! Most movement in one day so far this pregnancy. :) Thanks little girl for helping take mommy's mind off worrying. :)

My daughter is helping a lot with that too. She's just this last week been acting like she's on the verge of doing this crawling thing. I have a feeling she's going to pick up on it quickly. Love love love my GIRLS! Also, think she's going to be getting her teeth in soon (she's 11 months! I'm sure if I was still bf-ing this would be a Godsend, her teeth not coming in for so long).

Lots of things to be happy about here. :)

I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow n I feel bentlie every now n then.. Im hoping Its. Nothin to worry about :/

I don't think not feeling consistent movement is a worry at this point annie. I believe my next appointment (at 24 weeks) they'll be giving me a kick count sheet (I remember the first time I was asking if I was required to fill it out like homework, lol). So they don't really expect you to have consistent movement until close to the third trimester.

I'm sorry I don't recall, do you have an anterior placenta? I felt very little movement with my first, but suddenly she was making my belly jump right around the 20 week mark with her strong kicks!

She checked everyhing threw ultra sound and never said if I do r not... So I have no clue... :)

Bookity, congrats on your baby girl :yipee:
I certainly didn't feel our little baby moving in there until mid-week 20 I want to say. I do have an anterior placenta, but didn't know it until I asked. I get scanned more often because of my cervix, so I had forgotten to ask, and didn't have a list of questions like I do sometimes when I go into the doctor. :haha:
My hats off to the ladies who like to be pregnant. I am going to have to say that I won't be doing this again.

My short list of name choices for the day:
Vanessa Mia
Vanessa Mila
Vanessa Mira
Vanessa Lorna (DH's suggestion - not sure how wild I am about it)

What do you think?

DH has said that since he chose the first name I get final say on the middle name. Though I am trying to avoid any names he overtly dislikes.

one of my very best friends is named Vanessa Jean, so I'm partial to that :) However, I think all of the names you listed are lovely

I suggested Jean as a middle name with DD1 and my husband flat out said no because when he hears "Jean" his mind goes to "Gene Simmons" from Kiss. OY. The way my husband's mind works. I suggested it in the first place because that is his mom's middle name and I thought it would be nice to use.

I also considered Jean Louise as middle names for DD1 because it combines my MIL and mom's middle names. Also it's a character from "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Scout). I still think that sounds nice, but it's already been shot down once. I know it would be again.

I loved the meaning of the name Mira in the baby book that we bought before we had DD1. One who is prosperous / A peaceful woman / One who is wonderful.

I like Vanessa Mia and Vanessa Mira -- they're both beautiful. Isn't "mira" a term of endearment in spanish (or it means sweetie or something like that I think)? It's so pretty!

Speaking of names...my sister and her DH are very must-be-Bible-names kinda people...which totally works for them -- they really want their kids to feel a sense of heritage/pride (?) about their names. She and I were talking the other day and she told me it was okay that we weren't doing Bible names and she was sure that there were special meanings/reasons for the names we're thinking about. And actually, there's really not lol....I haven't even looked up any meanings. I just really like Madeleine because it sounds pretty with our last name and there are some delicious cookies called Madeleines. That's it. Am I unusually shallow and/or will I regret this when we tell our daughter we named her after a cookie? lol

https://photograzing.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2009/09/classic-madeleine-cookies_2279b2026dc3896eb024b46646ef805e-thumb-245x245-23798.jpg

OH! Shame on you for posting that cookie!!! Now I'm going to see if someone in my office has a cookie to spare :)

I wouldn't worry about it. I do personally think it's cool to love the meaning of the name you choose, but even just thinking a name is beautiful should be reason enough.

I know I've looked at my brother and sister's baby books (being #3, mine was severely neglected) and for their "why we chose this name" it says that they just liked the name! Simple as that.

DD1's name isn't biblical per-say but it means "Who is like God?", which being Christian appealed to me. My name is biblical (Mary), but I don't like that it means "From the sea of bitterness". I don't know what Vanessa means (never looked it up). Actually Mia has 2 meanings (2 origins, 2 meanings!) and one is the same meaning as DD1, the other is the same meaning as my name. In that sense I think it's kind of cool that it in a way puts my name and my first daughter's name together. :)

BTW: Those cookies made me hungry. It sure doesn't take much to make me want sweets these days!

I like Vanessa Mira as well. Good luck choosing...

And COOKIES!!! Aahhh!! lol. I love the name too... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->